ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio DCI tapping

Renault Clio DCi 65
Wondering if anyone can shed some light on this problem MicKPM GrahamS AlexW @HMS*Derv Destroyer.
I had fuel leak coming from out of the fuel distributor (going to no3 injector) so I replaced the pipe yesterday and last night I was driving and engine started to sound really tappety. Came to the car this morning started fine then once the oil light went out the revs automatically rose above 1000rpm and the engine management light came on. So I unplugged the injectors one by one whilst running to see if any change in idle which there was bar injector no3 there wasn't any change at all. Luckily had a new injector lying around so put that in it runs and idles fine now, no lights on the dash. But the car idles fine no tapping like there was the night before but when revving in between 1500 and 3000rpm there is a lot tapping especially under power. Could this be the fact that the injector needs coding to the ecu? I've had an un-coded injector in before and it's never sound as rough as this one. Also checked to see if there was any injector seals gone but there all fine