ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio gt

why does the acceleration pedal go down to the floor and when u think it is totally down u can push a bit harder and it has a extra bit think its normal but when u let go it clicks back up anyone else have a gt to c if this also happens

Evo
Does the car have cruise control? if so theres a reason behind the extra kick down ( forget what it is )

Alot of 197 owners with cruise control moan about exactly the same thing.

Evo
Its to cut off the speed limiter i think.

If your still curious as to what it is get on clio197.net and have a glimpse through the forum, its come up 100s of times there.

Got any pics of the Clio GT? never seen one in the flesh, how does it drive?

drives really well u need to drive it hard for it to perform well its like a v-tec it kicks in with its vvt engine dont know how to add photos same as wireless monkeys he has plenty of pictures

Evo
Like the 197 mate, gotta abuse the tits off the engine to get the best from it. Still all adds to the excitement ay.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
DSC_0323.jpg
DSC_0314.jpg
DSC_0332.jpg
DSC_0316.jpg

As per request...

White APE
I believe this is so if you need to acclerate whilst on cruise control you push past this point and it will over ride the CC

a black one
I believe this is so if you need to acclerate whilst on cruise control you push past this point and it will over ride the CC

You only have to touch the brake or accelerator and this will over ride the CC. When the limiter is set, you can only go over the set speed when you press the accelerator pedal past the click ...give it a try next time you're out! took me a bit to work out what this was for!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
So basically, if im going along and put CC on, i can only go past the set limit if i push the accelerator past the click? I thought as soon as u touched it it switched it off :S so confused.

White APE
You only have to touch the brake or accelerator and this will over ride the CC. When the limiter is set, you can only go over the set speed when you press the accelerator pedal past the click ...give it a try next time you're out! took me a bit to work out what this was for!

Yea, thats what i meant. lol