ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio IV ph1 - Heated mirrors and rear window demister not working / UCH BSI swap

Clio IV ph1
Hello,

I am not sure if as an owner of regular Clio IV I am allowed to create threads here :D Anyway, I hope you would be able to help me or at least give me some tips.

I bought a 2012 Clio IV and I have problems with heated mirrors and rear window defogger. I checked the fuses and voltage on both mirrors and rear window - 0.00V. I swapped the relays but it didn't help either so I decided to leave my car in Auto Electrician. He said that he checked everything and the only thing that can cause the problem is UCH/BSI unit. He said that electricity leaves the AC panel, goes to the UCH and then dissapears somewhere inside without turning on the heating.

But the question is: Are the heated mirrors and rear window connected to the UCH ? I thought they are wired straight to the fuse box and I am wondering if this electrician is not trying to make me pay more for a simple repair. Also one friend told me that as far as he remembers the heating mirrors and window are connected straight to the fuses and skip the UCH so I started to wonder :D

Sorry for my English - I am not a native speaker.

Thank you very much and Merry Christmas !