ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio mk3

FF Racing Blue 182
hi guys ive been on the hunt for a clio now for far too long so im getting very itchy and the old will power of saying to myself one will come up soon is slowly drifting away

so after months of waiting on a good as perfect inferno to pop up which ive missed out on two now because part exchange problems im starting to give in and look at others

this weekend im looking at two mk3 sports one i did this morning and i was well pretty disappointed with it the door needed lifted slightly to close the leather seats have seen better days and the wheels were scuffed http://www.arnoldclark.com/used-car...enaultsport-197-3dr/2008-(08)/ref/arncl-2695/

i notice some have anthracite wheels and some dont is there a FF version or what is the spec like

will i be let down if i dont choose the 182

thanks guys

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Re: cliosport mk3

Clio 197 (2006-2009)
Silver wheels, Silver brembos, AC, cruise/limiter, silver standard halogen headlights, cd head unit (no rear speakers) key less entry

Options

Sports cornering headlights (black backing with projectors)
Xenons, look identical to above, but the headlight washers are the give away.
Privacy glass
Climate
6 disk Cabbasse stereo (this includes rear speakers iirc)
Recaros
Cup chassis from late 2007
GW paint from 2008
Lux pack from 2008

Clio 197 F1 R27
(2007-2008)
Limited to 500, Recaros standard, as too is cup chassis. This includes red brembos anthricite alloys, suspension
lowered by 7mm, springs stiffened by 27 per cent at the front and 30 per cent at the rear.. Privacy glass is standard. LY paint available as an option, as too are upgraded headlights, radio and climate.

Clio 197 Cup (2008-2009)

Cup chassis as standard. GW paint available as option, as too are black speedlines and Cup spoiler and Recaros.

Equipment losses over standard 197,
No soft touch dash
No keyless entry
No electric mirrors
No cruise/limiter
No external temp gauge
No headlight upgrade
Black rubbing strips/mirrors
AC now option only

All Clios from late 2007 come with revised ratio gearbox. This made 5th and 6th slightly longer. Slightly improves MPG figures.

Probably missed out loads, but its a start ;)

Last edited:
  Megane 275 trophy006

Easy tells for which is which (can't always be 100% certain but most of the time this will tell you)

Red brembos & anthracite wheels - cup pack
silver wheels and silver brembos - non cup packed.
Black trim on the side of the car means its a Cup car.
Colour coded trim means its a normal 197
colour coded trim + Antracite wheels and red brembos - 'FF'

There were a few versions of seats. Recaros and Non Recaros and the non Recaros came in standard trim, or much later had a leather option.

Early 197's had the extra option of the panoramic sunroof. So if you do see one with that it can still be a 197 but will more then likely be non cup packed.

FF Racing Blue 182

thanks for the info guys on autotrader it seems most are standard which is a shame to me all RS should have had the suspension at standard

how do they stand up to a 182 in the real world is there much in them

Fiesta ST-3

Clio 197 (2006-2009)
Silver wheels, Silver brembos, AC, cruise/limiter, silver standard halogen headlights, cd head unit (no rear speakers) key less entry

Options

Sports cornering headlights (black backing with projectors)
Xenons, look identical to above, but the headlight washers are the give away.
Privacy glass
Climate
6 disk Cabbasse stereo (this includes rear speakers iirc)
Recaros
Cup chassis from late 2007
GW paint from 2008
Lux pack from 2008

Clio 197 F1 R27
(2007-2008)
Limited to 500, Recaros standard, as too is cup chassis. This includes red brembos anthricite alloys, suspension
lowered by 7mm, springs stiffened by 27 per cent at the front and 30 per cent at the rear.. Privacy glass is standard. LY paint available as an option, as too are upgraded headlights, radio and climate.

Clio 197 Cup (2008-2009)

Cup chassis as standard. GW paint available as option, as too are black speedlines and Cup spoiler and Recaros.

Equipment losses over standard 197,
No soft touch dash
No keyless entry
No electric mirrors
No cruise/limiter
No external temp gauge
No headlight upgrade
Black rubbing strips/mirrors
AC now option only

All Clios from late 2007 come with revised ratio gearbox. This made 5th and 6th slightly longer. Slightly improves MPG figures.

Probably missed out loads, but its a start ;)

Just out of interest Gaz what comes in the Lux pack?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

the 200 is lightyears ahead of the 172/182 in every way other than fuel consumption and straight line speed imo never driven a 197 so cant comment but cant see them being much different other than the torque refinements and suspension tweeks.

straightline theres nothing in it.