ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIO ON EBAY.... WARNING!!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There is a guy in Stoke on trent seling a 1.2 16v sport Clio 2001 on a Y plate (older shape)

The car was described as 'tidy with a few marks, back wing has had a bad paint job. Sometimes cuts out other than that a very nice reliable car.

After driving 3 hours I can confirm that the car is a steaming pile of dog s**t. Was only there for 2 minutes, but here is my list of faults....

Back n/s wing had more filler than B&Q.
Back o/s wing had even more than the other side!!
Inside door shuts were both dented/flaking/full of filler.
Tailgate had a MASSIVE dent in it.
Rear bumper was cracked and creased.
One of the keys wasn't even for that car!!!
Car wouldn't even start. At all.
Front two centre caps missing
Tool kit from boot missing
Steering wheel cowling all twisted and crap.
central locking not working.
Interior light not working
Rust on the n/s sill. about 5-7 inches long.....

The list goes on and on.

He is going to re-list it tomorrow as I obviously said I didn't want it.

Just a warning that the car is really only worth about £3-400

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Couldn't tell you tbh. By a huge retail park. Festival Park I think??

SchwepTek™
Was this the car that you had to drive miles for that you could make a fair wack on? Bet ur a bit gutted. :(

In other news, come over and see my new exhaust :)

M

mini-valver

Could of been. Just off the A50?

Doesn't even suprise me with Stoke TBH! They'll sell you a toaster and swear blind it's a kettle.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hope you tw*tted him for wasting your time.

We were on for giving him a proper hiding but we had my business partners wife and two kids in the car so we decided to be grown up and walk away. :nono:

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Aye, stoke's awesome lol. Lived there for 20 years and I don't even like the idea of buying from a dealer there, let alone in a private sale.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Aye, stoke's awesome lol. Lived there for 20 years and I don't even like the idea of buying from a dealer there, let alone in a private sale.

lol hence why i buy my cars from outside of stoke. Last couple have been from Cheshire area.

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Yeah I hear there are a few good 'uns in Cheshire. But it's so annoying when their ad says 'good condition for year' for a 4 year old car and you get there and it's pretty much completely held together with gaffer tape.