ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Related Merchandise - let me know your thoughts

Renault Clio 182
Hi,
I have noticed that it is hard to find any cool or unique Clio RS related products and clothing. I therefore decided to give it a go and design a light hearted Clio 182/172 design which could be printed onto different products. Would anyone else want to see more Clio related clothing etc?

Let me know your thoughts on this style of product! There are multiple different colours and product types if you follow the link below.
Link to website:
https://weaving-esses.creator-spring.com

What other designs would you like to see that are similar to this?
(Its my first time drawing something like this so please go easy
1f602.png
)

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT I CAN IMPROVE ON OR IF THERE IS ANYTHING THAT ANYONE PARTICULARLY WANTS TO REQUEST.

Attachments

• Tshirt.jpg
    Tshirt.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 160
  Renault Clio 182
Haha wow thanks for the honesty guys 😂 it's meant to be a light hearted comical design, nothing serious 😅

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
This isn't to take away from your drawing skills btw as they look awesome.

If I can offer some advice though I would suggest making it look like it's going around a corner too? It currently looks like it's just got a knackered rear beam if you get me

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Cool design but for me id never wear anything like that. I think if its something your really into you need to build a brand first, look at all these kids wearing "merch" from a youtuber, they buy into the brand

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Even then, I don't understand why anyone wants to buy and represent a "Youtuber". obviously, there are many virgins living in their mums back bedrooms because people obviously buy their merch.

I'm sure there are members on here that would buy this but they aren't the ones who comment.. they are the members who lurk in the background being a member since 2006 with 4 posts to their name.

Car brand stuff is tricky. If you see someone with a Ferrari jacket on who drives a Mondeo you instantly think "tw*t", then as Daniel said, you see someone wearing the brand they drive and you think "tw*t"

Renault Clio 182
Thanks for all the great responses guys! I knew before designing this that car related merch is a tricky subject and is very niche! But now I definitely understand that it is a massive minority of people that are actually interested, I certainly wouldn't wear one of these if I was going out of the house, especially on a track day or something :ROFLMAO:
But what I have taken from it is to remove the comical text and work more on creating cleaner designs to grow a brand, rather than full on car merch.
Thanks again for the help, believe it or not someone has bought a t shirt and someone else bought a mug so there are a few people who want this stuff but not enough to make it worth my time in drawing haha!

love the honesty of this forum, any further suggestions appreciated (y)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
As above, what you’ve done is cool but I’d never buy anything like that.
As soon as I see a Porsche driver on a track day and he’s wearing Porsche clothing, I make a mental note to avoid them.

Young lad I'm guessing hired a lambo (forget which one) at a day years ago. Even dressed in 'just qualified' for an f1 race this morning. Slow as fook.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
I must be in the minority then as I like my green T with Cliosport on it.. got it from CSF :geek:

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for all the great responses guys! I knew before designing this that car related merch is a tricky subject and is very niche! But now I definitely understand that it is a massive minority of people that are actually interested, I certainly wouldn't wear one of these if I was going out of the house, especially on a track day or something :ROFLMAO:
But what I have taken from it is to remove the comical text and work more on creating cleaner designs to grow a brand, rather than full on car merch.
Thanks again for the help, believe it or not someone has bought a t shirt and someone else bought a mug so there are a few people who want this stuff but not enough to make it worth my time in drawing haha!

love the honesty of this forum, any further suggestions appreciated (y)
I wouldn’t buy a T shirt, but I’d probably buy a mug without the text on.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
clean and minimalistic is the way forward in terms of clothing brand design currently I would say. A few friends of mine have started out with using the fiver app and asking someone to design a logo for themselves and then have them printed onto a s**t, hoodie you name it. He sold a few to friends as in all fairness the logo design was pretty cool. Then it's all down to exposure. get them to post as much about it as possible. You will come off as what I think many of us have come across are friends wives selling FM products but at the end of the day, it's annoying to those who aren't interested but amazing to those who are.

Take chances and opportunities if you see one and you may get lucky and like Ash get a celeb to wear something of yours and get snapped and then all of a sudden.. Your brand is huge like HERA.

Renault Clio 182

I'd buy a t-shirt it didn't say Tripodding on it.
Thanks for the feedback I'm going to add some of the same designs to the store without the text this week so I will let you know when these have been added!

clean and minimalistic is the way forward in terms of clothing brand design currently I would say. A few friends of mine have started out with using the fiver app and asking someone to design a logo for themselves and then have them printed onto a s**t, hoodie you name it. He sold a few to friends as in all fairness the logo design was pretty cool. Then it's all down to exposure. get them to post as much about it as possible. You will come off as what I think many of us have come across are friends wives selling FM products but at the end of the day, it's annoying to those who aren't interested but amazing to those who are.

Take chances and opportunities if you see one and you may get lucky and like Ash get a celeb to wear something of yours and get snapped and then all of a sudden.. Your brand is huge like HERA.
Thanks for the advice mate, I'll definitely work on producing cleaner designs that represent the brand in order to grow it that way, not expecting to be famous making clio t shirts but I enjoy doing it so any monetary benefit is a plus for me!

Renault Clio 182
I'd buy a t-shirt it didn't say Tripodding on it.
I have now added all of the designs without the 'Tripodding' text on it. Please feel free to have a look and let me know if you prefer this.
Link to t-shirts:
(May need to go to the next page to find one that you want)
I have also done this for mugs now so they can be seen below:

Any more advice is appreciated, or any design requests?
Thanks all

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I remember going to the Midlands Breakfast Club meeting many years ago. This man with a comb over was thinking he was great with his Lambo...and his son had a lamb jacket on and kept trying to show off to everyone. He fired up the V12 and revved it from cold (as you do with temperamental Italian sport cars!) And was trying to get everyone's attention.

Some lad fired up their Evo and was bouncing it off the limiter and firing flames out, so everyone just walked off and left them 2 (son and dad!) looking upset! 🤣🤣🤣

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Given that I don't inappropriately touch children, I don't think I'd fall into your target audience for clothes like that.

On the hunt!
Sorry.

Didn’t mean to offend - I’m sure your next door neighbours teenage son will love the Clio t-shirt you bought him

I’m a teenager. Why are you talking to me on the Internet?! I feel like I should tell my mum. [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Gus

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Have you thought of doing things other than clothing? Like putting a design on microfibre cloths and/or terry towels?

Not so much stigma to deal with that way, you could expand by offering similar products to other clubs.