ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio RS 220 Trophy - Ticking/rattling during idle. Is it normal?

Hi all,

I'm very taken with a Clio Trophy I've seen online. The dealership have been kind enough to send me a video and the car looks great but I'm concerned about the ticking noise. Would really appreciate if some owners could could check out the video and let me know if it's normal?

VIDEO LINK

Many thanks!

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Looks a good example that, the ticking sounds normal from the video, mine's very similar.

Looks like one of the badges on the rear may have been removed, also the boot usually has the false floor in when you spec the BOSE package, the amp sits in the boot.

Get some photos/videos of the engine bay, the ticking is usually quite muffled with the bonnet closed.

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I know it’s not the same car, but my fiesta ST sounded like a diesel.
I just think it’s the way this era of the smaller turbo engines sound.

RS Clio 220 Trophy
Looks a good example that, the ticking sounds normal from the video, mine's very similar.

Looks like one of the badges on the rear may have been removed, also the boot usually has the false floor in when you spec the BOSE package, the amp sits in the boot.

Get some photos/videos of the engine bay, the ticking is usually quite muffled with the bonnet closed.
The car in the video has a standard Arkymis stereo and not the BOSE option.......Does it have an RS monitor fitted?

Rs200t lux
It’s the direct injection
Noisy little fucker
Some days you notice it really loud and other days you don’t
Don’t know why

Rs200t lux
It’s the direct injection
Noisy little fucker
Some days you notice it really loud and other days you don’t
Don’t know why

my rs200t does the same as above due to direct injection I’ve been told
Just try and ignore it