ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport 172 stuttering problems

Clio Sport 172
Hi all! Just bought my 2002 Clio Sport 172 one week ago! And I need some help and advice. The problem is that the car is stuttering pretty bad when half throttle or more and almost only on low revs (under 2k revs). At higher revs it does not do it as much but still does sometimes... It feels just like its fuel cutting but I dont think thats the issue here. Other than that the car rund perfectly. Anyone had the same problems?

Clio 182 Cup
Hi.
I had a similar sounding problem on mine the other week. Light of full throttle was fine but in the middle it spluttered and died. The engine light also came on. My local garage replaced the oxygen sensor in the exhaust and this cured it. I have a decat though, so only have the 1 sensor whereas those with a cat have 2 I think .

Clio Sport 172
Hi.
I had a similar sounding problem on mine the other week. Light of full throttle was fine but in the middle it spluttered and died. The engine light also came on. My local garage replaced the oxygen sensor in the exhaust and this cured it. I have a decat though, so only have the 1 sensor whereas those with a cat have 2 I think .

Hi! Thanks for the reply. I’ve heard about the O2 sensor but my car never dies, and there is no fault codes or engine light at all either!