ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio track car prices.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Was curious really. What would you expect to pay for a nice enough car. Gone are the days of 1500 and a high five.

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
I think it depend on a lot of factors to be honest. Difficult one but somewhere between £3-5k for something with some decent track mods and good condition.

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Hard to price. A good solid 1*2 is now £2.5. Then some seats, bases and harnesses is another £500, then there are wheels, roll cage, new bushes, suspension, brakes, all the fluids... i suspect to buy and prep you wouldn't get Much change out of 4 to 5 thousand, depending on how much work you do yourself.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Lovely silver one on here for about £3k. Was tempted to buy it and strip it for bits. 😂

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
A lad in our bodyshop has just bought a 172 and a 182 for £2,000. They’re supposed to be track prepared but I haven’t seen them yet.

They’re either absolute sheds or somebody’s been on mars and is out of touch with prices.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Just sold my silver one for £3250. Easily worth over £4K in bits but didn’t have time to break it otherwise I would have
Yeah that seems to be the going rate. A couple of lads I did trackdays with sold their 182 BG with 144,000 miles for £3,500. Half cage, bucket seats, harnesses, B14’s, PMS shifter, rear seats out. Now’t special really, more road going car for occasional track days.

I’ve seen proper track/race prepared ones go anywhere between 6-10k. Completely stripped, full cages, 6-point harnesses, Quaife/Gripper, TD Pro Race, roll centre correction kits etc etc

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
I sold mine for £3250 with no MOT and on standard wheels needing new tyres.

Full bolt in safety devices cage
PMS shifter
Gaz coilovers
Whiteline RARB
Mirco RS2 seats
Removable steering wheel
Full exhaust and decat
Track door cards
Bunch of others bits and pieces.
Also needed belts this year, but didn't have proof and was on 140k miles

I did consider stripping it of all the track parts and making it closer to standard. But in the end a quick sale was just an easier option, especially with the cold weather in January.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
If I was to sell I would probably be looking for around 3.5-4K I would think, but can’t see that happening as it’s just having to much fun sat in the garage for 90% of its life 😂