ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6 EBay

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  A terrible one
Spotted this on eBay:

Terrible advert, looks dodge and low reserve. Thought it must be a rep but appears to be genuine having checked the road tax. MOT history would indicate it needs a little work albeit the latest has no advisories so could’ve been sorted but I suspect not (same as the RS4 thread recently).

potential bargain / money pit?!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Spotted this on eBay:

Terrible advert, looks dodge and low reserve. Thought it must be a rep but appears to be genuine having checked the road tax. MOT history would indicate it needs a little work albeit the latest has no advisories so could’ve been sorted but I suspect not (same as the RS4 thread recently).

potential bargain / money pit?!
These are scams.

200.gif

d19wood

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Clio 172 T , Megane
Scam adds that get listed often check the sellers other items, also put on regularly

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  A terrible one
That’s surely not a genuine advert?
Thought the same but you never know? I remember the story of a lady selling a lotus esprit for £1 to get back at her husband (it was his car but registered to her).

anyhoo, probably is a scam.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thought the same but you never know? I remember the story of a lady selling a lotus esprit for £1 to get back at her husband (it was his car but registered to her).

anyhoo, probably is a scam.
Its definitely a scam. Click the 2nd photo.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  182Turbo,DCi90
Scam advert, its posted every week. Someone's ebay account will have been hacked and they then post hundreds of adverts like that one. Its always the same price. I have an alert set up on Ebay for V6's so see this every week, I always report them and they get taken down quickly.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder how many deposits they have taken today alone

They take a bunch, IIRC it's a proper organised crime group operating out of Eastern Europe.

They use all the same pictures and descriptions and just switch to a new compromised account. Over and over and over again.
Your most basic, day one operator could write some code to block this bullshit, but eBay don't even bother with the most simple stuff to protect people.

Last edited: