ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clip setups

RustyMojo

ClioSport Club Member
I think it’s time I started to consider getting some form of diagnostics setup for the garage. The clio is running absolutely brilliantly, but at some point we all know that a 16 year old clio is going to throw up the occasional fault. Also I would like the ability to run the ABS system for bleeding as well as code out airbags etc.

I have for sometime been RS Tuner curious, but hear all sorts of horror stories about the chap running the business. So I am between two minds.

1) I get an eBay clip module and a 32 big laptop, but understand that these can be unreliable and a bit of an art to get working.
2) buy an RA tuner with both airbag and Abs modules, what else do I need to run that? Any specific laptop requirements? Is there anything the RS Tuner misses that Clip provides?

I guess what I’m after is the easiest/most reliable point of entry to a diagnostics system for my clio.

Would welcome feedback for a simpleton