ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clock screen lamp blown

1.4 16v soon 2 be 172 rep
hello there there is a guide on here how to change the bulb on your clock screen were it says the time and the degrees but the guide to take off the dashboard isnt working could anyone guide me to it please. thanks alperin

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
^ dash is a piece of piss to remove, you dont really need a guide on how to do it.

theres: about 14 screws iirc and its off :)

but pay up anyway :)

MK3

Dynamiqueee
thanks mate your a star (Y)

No problem, took me a while to find it 1st of all lol

Dont suppose you know what kind of bulb is in there? Dont fancy taking the dash off, finding out, then putting it back untill i get hold of them, cheers

1.4 16v soon 2 be 172 rep
ill give it a go and take some pictures of me solderin but wont be done till next month

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
^ i could be wrong, but im 100%, because when people do the dash light conversion from orange to blue you have to buy a sack load of smd' to change the colour and solder them on the board

MK3

Dynamiqueee
^ i could be wrong, but im 100%, because when people do the dash light conversion from orange to blue you have to buy a sack load of smd' to change the colour and solder them on the board

We are on about 2 different things mate, yeah i know for the dash conversion you need to solder the new SMD's on, but on the clock screen (shows time/temp ect) it's just 2 bulbs at the back

Thats just the speedos, radio and climate control mate.

The clock/temp display is 2x (w5w) i think.. Some people solder SMDs in to match the colours of there exisiting smd conversion.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
We are on about 2 different things mate, yeah i know for the dash conversion you need to solder the new SMD's on, but on the clock screen (shows time/temp ect) it's just 2 bulbs at the back

ah, but its in the same place hence why i though smd's :eek:, so is there like 2 bulbs one for the top half of the small screen and one for the bottom half?

MK3

Dynamiqueee
Sorry for the thread hijack alperin :D but guysy, when you changed the colour of the clocks to blue, in the pictures it looks like the lights not evenly spread - just 2 blue lights in the middle if you get what i mean? Looks like the light's not spread accross the display properly. Is that just the way the camera picks it up? Or is it really like that?

Sorry for the thread hijack alperin :D but guysy, when you changed the colour of the clocks to blue, in the pictures it looks like the lights not evenly spread - just 2 blue lights in the middle if you get what i mean? Looks like the light's not spread accross the display properly. Is that just the way the camera picks it up? Or is it really like that?

The whole screen is lit up blue, but where the bulbs are you can see its more instense, The camera does make it more obvious yeah..

I would reccomend sanding the tops of the bulbs slightly (im sure theyre plastic as theyre LED... And i think this would spread the light evenly..

MK3

Dynamiqueee
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2X-WHITE-B8-7...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item335797307d

That looks like what i used, Although I pulled the led part out of the new and put it in the old holder to make it fit.

Im not 100% sure its the right fitment though and i forgot to put the correct fitment in my guide so i cant remeber sorry!.

Thanks mate, well i suppose you guessed the 1st time round when you did yours so i'll take your word for it lol, and if not then it's only £3. All i have to do now is find them in blue