ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch Change 1.2 8V questions

R5 GTT EFI Clio.
Right i think my clutch has pretty much had it, was slipping a bit earlier on a big hill and biting point is right at the top of the pedal travel, only have to push it down an inch to change gears, so going to buy and fit a new clutch tomorrow.

Anything i should be aware of? i know one of the drive shafts that if you remove from the box which i will have to, the box oil will drop, spose il have to catch this in a bucket then put it back in later?

Any advice you can give me on anything i should know?

Cheers.:mad:

Albi 197
I'd put some new gearbox oil in while your working on it tbh, rather than put the old stuff back in. :)

Low!
nonsense!!!! dont even have to remove the box from the bay, just slide it over to one side

If you have a lifting ramp or a way to get the car above you to work, but not on small drive on ramps or axle stands...

Everything was rusted solid on mine. There is no way I would have done it if I was under the car, it took longer but made it so easy and still had it done In less than a day taking my time.