ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch change and now can't select all gears.

I undertook a clutch change and came to move the car and only seem to get 5th. I tried engaging gears at the selector fork and only seem to get the gear pulling down and back towards the rear of the car.

I'm not sure what gear this is, but anyone got any ideas why it's doing this?

I'm manage to move the car forward in whatever gear i was in. So it must be all go from the clutch and release bearing side of things.

I also checked i hadn't overfilled the gearbox oil by undoing the fill plug and letting a little dribble out on a flat surface.

Cheers

RB Clio 182
Yea gear linkage under the car, its easier with two people, one secting gear and the other undoing ad tightening the nut intil you can select all gears smoothly.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
When I had my clutch fitted by a garage, I kind of rushed them so they didnt test drive it. I got half way down the road when I realised the gears were all over the place, took them two mins to adjust the linkage.

PH2 172
Spray the shaft & clamp with some brightly coloured paint before disassembly and scribe an alignment mark.
Reassembly is easy as you know how far to push the clamp onto the shaft & alignment is marked for you.

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
grab selector and put it in fifth gear (twist fully to drivers side and pull towards rear of the car) then slide the clamp over and position it in 5th gear from under the car, then just nip the bolt up, 10 minute job

It wasn't the issue unfortunately. It seems i somehow managed to engage a gear whilst the selector is still a neutral position.

So I am having to take the sump type cap off to find out what is out of place!