ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch change

Looking for a ph-quick...
Gonna be having my engine out soon to put in my other valver, gonna change the clutch and gearbox. Is there any trick to changing the clutch? Or is it a simple unbolt old and bolt on new?

Amir

Clutch chnage is a pain 7 hour so or.

There a few trains of though, one is engine and gearbox out but many people don't have the tools etc

I'd do engine out personally idealy from the bottom ie remove subframe but those bolts dften don't like coming undone so engine out top.

CB600FS
They're tight thats for sure, its down to personal prefrence, if theres no time limit I'd drop the lot out, as its a pain in the neck working your ass off for hours only to realise its too tight & remove it all anyway.

Do you know the donor cars Clutch/Gearbox are in good nick?

S2000
he's doing it with the engine out btw ;)

But, on the topic of how to do it in the car, my personal preference would be to remove the drivers side engine mount as well as passengers and move the engine as far across in the bay as possible. Then you have enough room to get at the clutch without having to touch the subframe etc. It's a bit tight for the lower bolts on the clutch but you can easily get to them by just turning the engine over by hand so as to bring them to the top.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
If its engine out, just gun the bolts off, and use the Renault gen clutch kit, with comes with the alignment tube, job done.

£68 from memory.

Looking for a ph-quick...
Yeah engine will be out numties!! Well took the old clutch off and looked at the haynes manual, seem pretty easy jsut gotta get it lined up right!

Cheers
Amir