ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clutch judder

clutch judder
right this has just started on my mk1 clio 172
is there a known fault with the clutches in a 172 mines has done 41k

anyone had the same

shorty

Not sure if this is a known problem on the 172 but when it happened on my Williams it ment the clutch was shagged. Right down to the rivits

thank for your reply mat i thought i was the only one in here
yes i think its a trip to renault thank f**k i still have a warranty

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

I kinda get a slight judder if I ride the clutch, but its very minor and other than that the clutch is fine

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

It has been doing this since I got the car and that was about 8000 miles ago and nothing has gotten any worse, and nothing was picked up at its last service.

clutch plate may have warped, oil is on the fly causing the plate to grab, the moon may be in an eliptical orbit 3 nano metres wider than usual.

Hard to say what it could be.

Clio 1.6 16V

Shorty, Im sure I read on here before that some guys have had clutch / oil contamination / judder problems due to input shaft seal problems. Unless youve heat shagged your clutch sideways on pointless 1/4 mile sessions this problem is normally due to oil ingression. The only oil contamination route is really via the input shaft seal. I feel in my waters a warranty job i

hi mate, no i dont give the clio that much of a hammering
that for the reply, its on its way to renault on monday morning

shorty

Elise/VX220/R26

41k on a 172 is gonna mean your clutch is fugged m8. Had exactly the same problem on my bravo. Juddered for about 6 months then popped. Get it into reno whilst you still have your warranty.

41k is not high miles for a w-reg mk1 172
is it ?

still i hope they will replace it , probably f**king dear knowing renault

CTR EK9 turbo

i had mine replaced half under warranty whilst they were putting in the third gearbox. It cost me £87 as the gearbox was out and all that area was accessible. It would obviously cost more to have it done on its own. The service bloke said it was juddering when he test drove it. I thought it was a bit strange and everyone who drove my car always stalled it from go.

Warranty people only payed 1/2 tho..........

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

I was trying to see if I could feel the judder today and I just couldnt get it to judder...come to think of it I havent really thought about it for a while now...oh well, if the clutch goes Im still under warrenty

Subaru Forrester

Sorry SHORTY, just saw this post as Ive been away.

I have this on my mk1 (X reg, 36k). Its done it since I bought it at the end of 2001 at 10k miles - never got any better or any worse. Its been in to Renault 2 or 3 times to get it looked at, different garages each time. Main Renault Dealer and Renault Franchise...

Every time they could find nothing wrong. My mate with a 306 Rallye thought it was a bit odd but probably just a feature.

Dunno what to suggest mate, get an independant assessment if Renault find nothing on yours. I may get mine looked at again before the warrenty runs out in Jan 2004.

I mention the clutch judder before, took it to the dealer to have a look at it. they said its fine to have a bit of judder.....id*ots.

Anyway, the judder didnt get any better or worse for some time.

Until, I put down some big launches to do 0-60 last weekend, did a bad one not releasing the clutch soon enough, and fry the clutch a bit. ( had burning smell)...

anyway, after that the judder seems to be gone!!.

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

BaBoo, like I said, mine also appears to have gone, and I have been doing some serious launches recently.