ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clutch noice on tick over!

Phase 1 172
Alright guys,

Today i noticed when i started my phase 1 172 there was a sqeeky noice coming from the engine, i had a closer look and its coming from the clutch area. I asked my mate to push down the clutch and it when away.

My clutch bits fairly high anyway so i know i will prob need a new clutch soon.

I thenk drove home which is around 4 miles and then had another loom and it was still there but abit quiter.

Anyone else had the same problem? The car has done 65k

Phase 1 172
Engine out job? Anyone know the price for a clutch release bearing? What could happen if i didnt change it for now, would it damage anything? I might aswel do the clutch at the same time!

clio rs 2000
when you push the clutch the input shaft no more turning
so all of the gearbox is out of work and the sound goes away

Golf GTD Mk7
rossco111 said:
Engine out job? Anyone know the price for a clutch release bearing? What could happen if i didnt change it for now, would it damage anything? I might aswel do the clutch at the same time!

No, drop the subframe remove driveshaft and take the box out

'06 MK3 Clio 1.4L
Had the same problem with my DCI, and as far as i know and what i was told you cant get the release bearings seperately, have to get a whole clutch system as thats how they come...

Not sure if its the same for the sport...

Phase 1 172
when you push the clutch the input shaft no more turning
so all of the gearbox is out of work and the sound goes away

Lol yes but then when you drive it, it will wine it's head of if the input shaft bearing had gone,

thanks for the advise guys, gonna save up for a new clutch!