ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch Pedal Is Very Hard

Hi All

Since purchasing my Clio 182 I have noticed the clutch pedal is very hard to engage. It doesn’t stop me from putting the car in various gears but pushing the pedal takes a bit of effort then normal. When I had my original Clio 182 back in 2004 I cant remember it being as hard.

Could this be signs of a New Clutch being required?

Thanks

J

PH2 172
Hi All

Since purchasing my Clio 182 I have noticed the clutch pedal is very hard to engage. It doesn’t stop me from putting the car in various gears but pushing the pedal takes a bit of effort then normal. When I had my original Clio 182 back in 2004 I cant remember it being as hard.

Could this be signs of a New Clutch being required?

Thanks

J

I found that was the solution.(post 55)
https://www.cliosport.net/threads/clutch-issue.799250/page-2

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Sounds like a 1*2 clutch to me. I remember a stretch of road I used to commute on being a real chore as it was stop start on a hilly bit of road.

I've read on here that people notice it's a lot better with a new clutch but that it doesn't take long before it's firm again.

Iceberg PH1 172
Mines firm and other people's ive sat in are the same.

I nearly put my foot through the floor when i get in something else

OT: I managed to stick the pedal to the floor after jumping in the GFs MK2 Focus one day.. hahah. These clios have the same feel to the pedals as Victorian signal box...

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Mines firm and other people's ive sat in are the same.

I nearly put my foot through the floor when i get in something else

Getting back into my dCi I do this. I felt like I was gonna stick my foot through the bulkhead[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I had exactly this, changed clutch and it was better for about a year ,now it's heavy as hell again. Lol

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
They are heavy by nature in 1*2's from New, compared to alot of other cars . I've had courtesy and rental cars and nearly put my foot through the floor then get back into my 182 and it feels as heavy as fcuk for the first few miles . I actually prefer a heavy clutch , although in stop / start traffic it can be a bit of a pain sometimes .

donnylad

ClioSport Club Member
25 mins queuing in stop start traffic last night omfg! got out and my leg felt numb haha!

Went for a spin with my mates Golf R, he couldnt get away at all!

donnylad

ClioSport Club Member
why? would it be expected to just pull miles away and drive off?

He isnt the best driver and im not sure what tyres he is running, he had 2 in the car, I had 1.

I think he is 295 bhp @ 1351kg = 218.5 bhp/tonne
im 196 bhp @ 970KG - 202.1 bhp/tonne

In a real world situation, one short shift or foot not 100% down etc can make a big difference, plus as I say tyres breaks etc. He did manage to get with a foot of my bumper but said he couldn't of overtook as the straights were not long enough.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member

He isnt the best driver and im not sure what tyres he is running, he had 2 in the car, I had 1.

In a real world situation, one short shift or foot not 100% down etc can make a big difference, plus as I say tyres breaks etc. He did manage to get with a foot of my bumper but said he couldn't of overtook as the straights were not long enough.
What cams you running in your clio?

donnylad

ClioSport Club Member
not 100% sure what cams as the work was already done to be honest, it was in the twisties with small straights in between, speed was prob between 40-130mph up and down.

I could of no way overtook him, my car wasn't faster, I am not saying that, but he expected to put his foot down and after 3-4 mins I wouldn't be able to see him. furthest I dropped behind was around 6 car lengths, but caught that up in the sharper bends and lower speed stuff always.

even on a quarter mile drag race I bet he wouldn't be more then 1.5-2 seconds ahead? you put that out on the real road with corners bends grip and driving skill it equates to nothing :)

I have a sprint day booked at curborough and was hoping we could compare times, but he cant come due to work.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Just wondering how you know it's 196 bhp as everyone always says the cars are cammed when they're not

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172

Yes not it to the distance so you don't see it but it will be a lot quicker than a clio in any situation or speed increment .
If dsg quicker still.
And regardless of tyres it will always have better traction in any weather.
Unless your mate just can't drive at all.

Thanks for all the replies. Had the clutch checked as best I could while it was getting belts and a service. Garage said it is fine and just need to get used to it again. Last time I had a 182 was back in 2006.