ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch Problem?

Clio Sport 172
When I put my foot down on the clutch I hear a 'squeeling' sound - it started happening a couple of weeks ago and has gradually started to get worse. I have been told that this may be a clucth bearing or even a problem with the water pump?!

Since yesterday morning and at present when I depress the clutch then bring it up to the 'byte' when in first gear (from standing or stopped positions) then the whole car jutters and shakes as if it is going to stall - any ideas what this could be? When I get into 2nd and other gears, gear changes are fine.

Help please! Just what I didn't need before x-mas, car problems :(

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
I feel your pain mate !

In the process of replacing mine now.

Who wants to buy a 172 kit car ?

Clio Sport 172
Ta people. Weres the best place to get one bar the usual local garages etc (don't fancy paying dealer prices)?

mgoode180566

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Sunflower
Hi mate

I found Mr Clutch to be the cheapest but they use dubious parts. They actually reline your clutch !

Going elsewhere i was quoted about £600 including parts but that also included an aux belt change. I my case it was engine out.

So i did it myself...

Still working on it. If it wasnt so cold it would be finished...

Clio Sport 172
Mine is being worked on today at a local garage as the clutch completly went at the weekend :-(. Costing me around £400-450. I know I could of got it done a bit cheaper somewere else but it broke down about 2 mins away from were it is at the mo so by the time I got it towed somewere else and waited for them to order parts etc I though it be easier just to bite my tongue and get them to do the work. Need it coming up to x-mas as have to be mobile!!