ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coaxial and front tweeters... help

Clio 172
I have a set of Coaxial speakers for the front if i put these in will i need to upgrade the current tweeters, disconnect them or just leave them?

I am under the impression that it could eventually break the current tweeters?

Cheers

I dont think it will do them any damage if you leave them in. You will just have a lot more trebble as the coxials have inbuilt tweeters. I wouldnt recomend upgrading them as the point in coxials is that its an all in1 speaker. Do you have a sub or just stock/6x9s in the back?

Clio 172
I dont think it will do them any damage if you leave them in. You will just have a lot more trebble as the coxials have inbuilt tweeters. I wouldnt recomend upgrading them as the point in coxials is that its an all in1 speaker. Do you have a sub or just stock/6x9s in the back?

Atm I just have the standard 13cm all around, I will be putting my sub in over time.

Would I be better putting the Coaxials in the rear?

No definatly keep them up front! otherwise wen the sub goes in all the sound will be in the back. If you plan on installing a sub then you may want to leave the tweeters connected so that you have loads of trebble to complement the bass from the back

clio 1.6 16v
stick with a decent set of components up front n then your sub in the rear and if you end up wanting a bit more music in the rear for rear passangers pop some coaxials in there but keep most of ur speaker power up front

Clio 172
There will be an amp in aswell obviously.

Right so we think Coax up front and just standard components up back?

Clio 172
Or could I not put Coax up back with components and tweeters up front with amp and sub?

Would that be an alright mix and having the comps up front with tweeters would it keep the music up front? :S

The perfect set up would be, components up front and sub in the boot. If you want then you cud put coxials in the back but its not nessesary. Did you want to amp the fronts? If you do its gonna be alot more work! The amp and the sub will be pretty easy to install

are the oem tweeters in dash connected to the hu or front speakers?

Been trying to find this out! As far as i know the cable for the tweeters goes from the HU into the door and then back out to the tweeter. Trouble is there are so many cables in the loom goin into the door and behind the door card that its quite hard to work out! If you find out an easy way to locate the tweeter cable then let me no ;)

yer sub and amp be in the boot!

So there would be too much treble if the Coax were in rear?

No you wont really have any treble in the back as the sub will be all bass! If you want a bit more treble in the back then put coxials in the back where the speakers are now. Not sure if your HU would allow rear speakers and a RCA output for the sub so you may need to get a 3 channel amp for them and the sub