ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Code readers

Raceface_13

Staffordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
am I right in thinking that a 4.99 obd reader will be slower (refresh speeds) that a more expensive one? or does the clio ECU have a slow refresh rate?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Take it u download the torque app for your phone

Yes, then bluetooth to the adapter and you're away.

You can get smaller adaptors, which on some cars let you leave it plugged in and hidden behind trim for a nice stock look.
Don't think you can with the OBD port on the 1*2's though, no room behind it :(

Take it u download the torque app for your phone

Yes, then bluetooth to the adapter and you're away.

You can get smaller adaptors, which on some cars let you leave it plugged in and hidden behind trim for a nice stock look.
Don't think you can with the OBD port on the 1*2's though, no room behind it :(
That's great thanks, that's cheaper than the other one I was looking at, take it when the code comes up you can look it up on the app as I don't have a CD drive[emoji85]
And I see it does live read outs

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Clio 2.0 138hp
That's great thanks, that's cheaper than the other one I was looking at, take it when the code comes up you can look it up on the app as I don't have a CD drive[emoji85]
And I see it does live read outs

Yeah the app directs you to a page with a load of info about the code. Or you can just look it up on the old Google. You don't actually get the CD it shows in the image. No idea why. But it works and for 4.99 it does what most people need. Cheaper than going to a garage and paying 50 quid for the same job.

dan's cast offs.
Torque misses plenty of codes, as do just about all cheap readers and also say they've cleared codes but they remain.

I've got clip for Renault, Delphi for most other stuff, a hand held autel for quick reads and have used icarsoft a few times as it graphs live data. Not used one with the Renault software but will be getting one as it's handy to not have to get a laptop out all the time.

I've had clios in that have had codes read and cleared by a range of readers and diagnostics, plug clip in and half the time they are still there.

Have any of you guys used the one K-tec sell as I assume this will be better for renaults? Is a little more at £40

Have any of you guys used the one K-tec sell as I assume this will be better for renaults? Is a little more at £40

I think the one they sell is basically a 'U480 fault code scanner' - available from eBay new for £12.80 delivered.

I bought one and it said I had no codes on my cup. I also tried the Torque Pro app with an ELM327 bluetooth reader, again no codes found.

The same day I got a garage to read my codes and they found three relating to by throttle body issue. They had a Snap-On code reader though!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yea you can't expect the world from cheap code readers unfortunately, just a pity there aren't more offerings like VCDS for other marques.