ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coil Pack....

S Reg Clio Black
....Ive been told today that i need a new coil pack (the right one) and i was wondering if anyone knew a good website where i could buy the part and friend can fit it....?

53 Renault clio 1.2 16V
Don't know where your coilpack is or what car you have i think a mk2 ph1 but ebay i got mine from there.

Last edited:
I've got a 2004 Clio, I've had this problem so many times it seems. They seem to pack up all the bloody time! At my last service a few months ago I had 2 replaced and was told I should replace them all, not wanting to pay out I stuck with just the 2 as it was not needed.

They lasted a good while but last night was the worst, with the revs shooting up to 3000 and staying there. This morning my car would start and just die, if I held the key turned it would start but shoot up to 3000rpm and stay there. Nightmare.

I went to my local Renault dealer and bought two Coil packs (£46.50 each!!!!) I don't know why I haven't before but I was very annoyed so attempted to fit them myself, SO easy! 10min later the car started up no problem, no lights, no missfire or splutter at idle what so ever. Fantastic!

I think there should be a sticky topic at the top of this form for coil failures.