ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

COILOVER THOUGHTS & EXPERIENCES

Superwoman90

ClioSport Club Member
  Peugeot 207
Car is 182, daily & track use.
Presently fitted with lowering springs.
I am considering if coilovers are a worthy upgrade. Would be looking at mid-range ones in the £600-750 price range.
Positive/negative thoughts and experiences greatly appreciated.

Simon1975

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup/Meg R26
Just had BC DS fitted to my 182 Cup, to previously on Grams springs. A lot stiffer now and feels a lot quicker in the corners although not tested them on a track yet. Sits nicely on them and isn't horrible to drive.

Attachments

• DSC_4502.JPG
    DSC_4502.JPG
    7.1 MB · Views: 41

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
if it’s mainly a road car with the occasional track day, I’d recommend Bilstein B14’s.
hands down the best road based Coilovers I’ve ever driven on. A bit too soft for track though but if it’s not an out and out track car, that won’t matter.

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
I'm a big fan of setting the car up for where it spends the majority of its time. I love the Bilstein B14 for road use but its a bit on the soft side for track.
The big question is how much is the car used on track and also how standard is the chassis.
The B14 sits high at the back if the car gets stripped also so it really is more for the daily road use.
I have a few coilover options available here.

K.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
As @Daniel and others have said, if it’s predominantly road focused, you can’t beat bilstein B14s imo. Here is my old flamer sat on them;

7472D742-7CB6-4C1D-97FC-00BE7521F1CB.jpeg

7ADA09C9-D54A-4B15-87B6-21A7696BDD6B.jpeg

I swapped them to ASTs when the car became purely a track car because they are a little soft on track. As you can see from these photos on track, the compression is quite visible and they started rubbing when I pushed the car very very hard.

E625D826-E3FB-46D9-8A98-DE34EFAE6763.jpeg

54DE803B-30AB-47CE-9F9A-C049A8E0FD19.jpeg