ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers and Suspension refresh

Monaco Blue 172
Away to go pick up a Monaco Blue 172. First thing needed done to it is a suspension change. Looking at Gaz and Bilstein b14 coilovers. Had b14s on my Astra VXR Burg,quite liked them to honest. What like are they on a Clio? Any reviews on Gaz?

Also,looking at changing top mounts,both lower wishbones,inner and outer track rod ends. Anything else I should be looking at?

robmuns

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
My car came with gaz coilovers and I swapped them out for the set of bilstiens off my old car .. Bilstiens are much better for the road.. Don't go as low as the gaz and the damping isn't adjustable but for the road it doesn't need to be.

Anti roll bar bushes and steering rack bushes would also help, powerflex bushes for these are pretty much the same price as Renault I think (both quite a pain to fit though)

Rear beam bush could also be replaced as this is likely to be worn now too