ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold 'low power' map? (RS200)

RS200 Cup
Hi,

Have read a few things about the engine running on a 'low power' map before the engine gets up to temperature?

If so, when does it kick into normal mode (e.g. 75 degrees or more)?

Would be good to know, just out of curiosity...

Cheers :)

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Its just a lowered limiter (if it's the same as the 1*2's)

Can't remember the temperature figure though 🤔

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Cold start map (The one designed to get the cat hotter, quicker) usually stops at about 30-40 degrees and then the lowered limiter goes when you get the car fully up to temp

Renault Clio RS220
I am also interested in knowing, my RS220 been acting up since day one of ownership i rarely get max boost out of this car its been to the dealership a few times and everytime it comes back with no faults detected.

The last visit they replaced oxygen sensor as it wasn't responding. So took the car for a good drive .. could not get it to boost to specified boost ... then suddenly out of the blue the car performs beautifully..... full boost etc.

So now i started taking note of when and noticed that it would not boost full while in the 80Deg Celsius range only once it gets to about 90Deg coolant temp does this car go like stink.

What i don't know is why it's such a struggle to get it to that temp, the car would be at about 95Deg and going fine then suddenly it's low 80's and you would struggle to get it higher, and performance pulled back again.

I need some answers or something to rectify this 🤔

Renault Clio RS220
I am also interested in knowing, my RS220 been acting up since day one of ownership i rarely get max boost out of this car its been to the dealership a few times and everytime it comes back with no faults detected.

The last visit they replaced oxygen sensor as it wasn't responding. So took the car for a good drive .. could not get it to boost to specified boost ... then suddenly out of the blue the car performs beautifully..... full boost etc.

So now i started taking note of when and noticed that it would not boost full while in the 80Deg Celsius range only once it gets to about 90Deg coolant temp does this car go like stink.

What i don't know is why it's such a struggle to get it to that temp, the car would be at about 95Deg and going fine then suddenly it's low 80's and you would struggle to get it higher, and performance pulled back again.

I need some answers or something to rectify this 🤔
Ok so not temp related took the car for a good drive this time even with temp at normal 97deg it would not boost up, i am really leaning towards some kind of electrical/electronic fault as it's intermittent it would behave this way and then suddenly it's fine and it boost straight up to about 1 Bar in higher gears.

I would need to compare what other RS220's does when they drive and they look at how the boost reacts in different gears as well as max boost on the RS monitor.

I do have a feeling the monitor is not reading accurately as well, i have a Blue tooth dongle that i use to scan and clear codes and do some live data etc. If i select Boost then it's ok with max boost at about 1.03Bar at times depending on gear you are in. The monitor would read slightly lower at about 0.9xx Bar then sometimes the monitor would read all the way up to 1Bar and even higher depending on what you did and how you drove the car.