ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold starting

clio 172 cup
Hello all

for the past 2 mornings my Clio 172 cup is taking about 30 seconds till it fires up,
its never done this before always fires up straight away
once it's warm it's fine it starts straight away

any one else had this and no what it could be the car is garaged so not likes it's out side in the freezing cold

any help or info on this please

thanks in advance

jonny

clio 172 cup
It was new about 18 months ago but if it had been the battery it would be dead wouldn't it

Mazda RX8 & Clio 197
No sometimes a weak battery can cause the starter motor to spin slower than it is meant to.

If you owned an RX8 like me you would know all about it the standard RX8 batteries are about as good as a chocolate fireguard in winter :)

clio 172 cup
No sometimes a weak battery can cause the starter motor to spin slower than it is meant to.

If you owned an RX8 like me you would know all about it the standard RX8 batteries are about as good as a chocolate fireguard in winter :)

Yeah I no about the rx8 there not very clever are they I got home from work today went to the garage to fire the car up and it was back to normal as always fired up straight away it's only happend since I put £30 worth of shell optimax in it as I run it on normal il see how it goes and get the battery checked over

clio 172 cup
Try turning the ign on first for 5 seconds then off, then start. Let us know if that helps.

Well I did try that today lol

but il try it the other way tomoz see how it goes am I right in thinking it could be the fuel pump if I don't leave it for 5 secs n it struggles