ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

colour coding bump strips, how much?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
what would be a rough guide price to get my bump strips colour coded??

not too fussed about the bumpers, only want the sides done!

anyone got any figures??

also, can you buy colour coded ones from renault?how much are they?

do them yourself for around a tenner and a weeks time.

around 50 quid at a body shop

no, you cant buy them coded from renault.

get your handles done too or they'll look silly.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
id rather pay someone to do it to be honest, wouldnt trust myself with colour match etc, plus putting them back on when sprayed!

will the bodyshop take them off and i'll have my car back untill they are done, or will they keep the car for 1 day? is that enough time?

they'll charge extra for that.

take them off yourself, walk in the bodyshop and leave them with them for a couple of days. The paint takes time to cure so i would be asking questions if they gave them back to you the same day!

they just slide on and off, dead easy.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
so i take my '16v' badge off, and they slide to unclip?

which way?towards the front?am i likely to break any clips etc??

anyone got a pic of the strip taken off?

open the doors.

the fronts slide backwards, the rears slide forwards. some effort will be needed if they've not been off the car before

then the 16v badges clip off.

Chocolate Bar™
i'd love to be able to do mine for £10. last time i sprayed some it cost me over £40 in materials :S

cheapest ive been quoted off proper bodyshops is £100

BMW F31
not sure about the ph2 bump strips but my ph1 ones have a screw by the lock catch under a little plastic cover, remove that then slide the front strips towards the back and the rear ones towards the front, five min job :)

i'd love to be able to do mine for £10. last time i sprayed some it cost me over £40 in materials :S

cheapest ive been quoted off proper bodyshops is £100

buy 2 get 1 free on rattle cans from halfords = £10.

everyone's got various grades of wet and dry at home (havent they?)

plastic primer, base coat and laquer.

airing cupboard to dry for a day in between each stage and your sorted!

Chocolate Bar™
i havent seen them on 3for2 for months

just seems to cost me more than everyone else. i also think i overdid them slightly as i managed to get through about 3 tins of primer, 2 tins of colour and about 1.5 of the larger lacquers lol

1.6 16v
I got mine done at a bodyshop in Darley Abbey Mill. Verby Good :)

Do you know of it saying your from DERBY??

Steve

1.6 16v
I got bump strips, front and rear bumper strips, wring mirrors, scuttle panel and door handles done for 200 notes! But thats with 50 quid discount! :)

Well worth it tho!:)