ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour Coding Bumpstrips

02 Clio Extreme
ello there ppl
bye.gif

as most will probably know. i have a 2002 plate clio..
im considering having all the bumpstrips and plastic colour coded on the car!

what would be a rough price? all help and advice would be gratefully appreciated too!

also what is the correct way to colour code these bumpstrips? dont want no garages ripping me off thats all lol

thankyou please
tongue.gif

Last edited:
  Clio_Smart
Hi i had both bumpers and the black plastic inserts that you want coloured ,fog light holders , door handles , boot button , grille above the front bumper and 172 spoiler for £180

Basically whole car colour coded and was back to me within 3 days and the job he done was amazing :D

I already had the side stripes and wing mirrors done.

02 Clio Extreme
thats pretty awesome service you had there :eek:

what is the correct way to colour code the plastic??
sanded, primed, sprayed and laqeured?

Clio_Smart
Go to a garage i diont know thats why i went to a garage and plus you will get a better job from professionals.

Chocolate Bar™
not worth doing it yourself, if you've not practised on something else before hand it will look bumpy and a mess.

They should fully prep the surface by fully sanding the strips till they're smooth (might be best doing this yourself to save some cash) then they should use highbuild primer, then the colour and then laquer. I'd expect to pay around the 150 quidish mark

02 Clio Extreme
hehe.. not going to even attempt it myself lol

150 ish for all the plastic on the car?? thats sounds pretty good

one of my mates brothers is a sprayer in a fords garage.. he said he would do it all for £50! but im not sure whether that is gonna be a proper job, or just a basic one :S

80MPG BEEZA
not worth doing it yourself, if you've not practised on something else before hand it will look bumpy and a mess.

They should fully prep the surface by fully sanding the strips till they're smooth (might be best doing this yourself to save some cash) then they should use highbuild primer, then the colour and then laquer. I'd expect to pay around the 150 quidish mark

this is still wrong!

you need to sand - plastic primer - sand - high rise primer - sand - spray - sand- spray - laquer and then buff up,

im in the process of having mine done i would say dont be willing to pay anymore then £250 for the lot anymore and its not worht it, i'm paying £300 for colour coding strips,handles and spoiler, fix 2 cracks in front bumper, smooth reg recess out and respray front bumper

Chocolate Bar™

this is still wrong!

you need to sand - plastic primer - sand - high rise primer - sand - spray - sand- spray - laquer and then buff up,

im in the process of having mine done i would say dont be willing to pay anymore then £250 for the lot anymore and its not worht it, i'm paying £300 for colour coding strips,handles and spoiler, fix 2 cracks in front bumper, smooth reg recess out and respray front bumper

i know, i'm simplifying it immensly as i'm sick of writing the full process over and over again. If you want a full and detailled account of the process of spraying search for some of my previous posts on it including grits of sandpaper used etc etc