ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

colour coding cup side strips.

Renault Clio 1.4 RT
I've got a Mk 1 so technically no, but i have painted most of my car myself. I've done all of the dash which i suppose is the same thing.

U can certainly do it yourself, my advice would be to go 2 your local car type shop (mines Avon & Wessex) & get a small can of plastic primer. This is a little expensive (about £8) but worth it as it helps 2 stop it chipping. Then scotch up the plastic with a bit of grey scotch (also available from car shops.) Spray paint is available 4 this sort of thing & get spraying. Just remember 2 mask the whole area (spray paint gets everywhere) & 2 do thin coats, letting it dry completely in between.

106 GTi
Brazo had them done on his, by a bodyshop though.

You could do them yourself, like everything painting related its all in the prep, and taking your time, aswell as somewhere suitable to paint them.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Quite easy to do really, sand down to make sure the primer sticks properly, a few coats of that, let it dry, quick sand down, then build up coats of paint gradually. Don't try to go back and get spots you've missed until the previous coat has dried otherwise you'll create thick spots of paint that have had too much in one 'go'.

Build up gradually, then start wet n drying the layers down a bit, build up again, repeat. The more you do it, the stronger the paint will be. Then leave completely to dry for a while (I leave bits for days). Then lacquer a couple of times, and leave to dry and harden again. The key is to not rush anything.