ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

colour coding door strips

quite easy.

most improtant thing is: TAKE YOUR TIME!

basically:

Sand (800 grit)
Plastic Primer x 2
Wet sand (1500 grit)
colour spray (dry for 24 hours)
Wet sand (1500 grit)
colour spray (dry for 24 hours)
Warm up laquer (pan of warm water)
Laquer (dry for 24 hours)
Laquer (dry for 24 hours)
Leave for 48 hours in the dry
Polish and fit

If you rush it, it WILL look s**t. The secret is in the preperation.

:D

Lots of Alfas
To get the strips off, open the door, then slide the door strip towards the front of the car and then slide the rear strip towards the rear of the car until they unclip, you may need to get your fingers behind the strips to edge them off. Halfords do a good plastic primer and laquer, you can get the spray from Renault or Halfords. Im going to do mine again soon as I have a big scratch on one of them.

davebem said:
To get the strips off, open the door, then slide the door strip towards the front of the car and then slide the rear strip towards the rear of the car until they unclip, you may need to get your fingers behind the strips to edge them off. Halfords do a good plastic primer and laquer, you can get the spray from Renault or Halfords. Im going to do mine again soon as I have a big scratch on one of them.

other way round mate...

fronts slide backwards, backs slide forwards.. ;)

oh, and ordering the spray from Renault gets you the titanium 647 paint and laquer in a set. grey plastic primer from Halfords.

part number for Titanium 647 aerosol/laquer: 77 11 172 132

from memory its about £13 for the set.

:)

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
arrows1.gif
simple!!

i rushed mine and wished i haddent!