ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 PH1 windscreen colour

Clio 172 Ph1
Cracked windscreen, Autoglass called today and asked if the glass on my PH1 was green coloured or olive coloured, I have no idea what the difference is? I checked it out in the sunlight and honestly the colour of the tint could be described as either olive or green.

Has anyone ever had the same riddle and answered it successfully?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Autoglass have a bit of a rep on these cars of trying to fit the wrong screens. Do ph1s have rain sensors? They often turn up with a boggo spec Clio screen, so refuse if it doesn’t look right.
Can’t help with the colour question though.
Also have you still got the original gear order sticker on the inside of your windscreen? Be a shame to lose that, not sure if anyone makes reproductions.

Clio 172 Ph1
Autoglass have a bit of a rep on these cars of trying to fit the wrong screens. Do ph1s have rain sensors? They often turn up with a boggo spec Clio screen, so refuse if it doesn’t look right.
Can’t help with the colour question though.
Also have you still got the original gear order sticker on the inside of your windscreen? Be a shame to lose that, not sure if anyone makes reproductions.
Yeah they turned up with a non AC screen the first time, they've gone back to order the right screen (AC/UV version) and they sent me a message today asking if it was green or olive.

Kind of stupid as green and olive are almost the same colour? I asked on some fb groups and 3 people said theirs looks green, so I asked for green.

Going to try and remove the gear shift sticker and place it on the new one, not sure how to remove without ruining it though.

Car has been off the road for 3 months so at this point I'm just excited to get it MOT'd and going again.