ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour Coding Quotes ?

BMW M135i
Just wondering was people who have had their car colour coded have been quoted ?
I'm looking to get my front and rear bumper inserts and the side strips done and just want to see if the quotes i've been given are a good ballpark figure.

Also anyone have any bodyshop recommendations in or around the Coventry area ?

Astra SRi T
mine was £110 for bumper strips, front bumper inserts, spoiler and door handles, however i did make a imistake with the colour code so it cost me more in the end:eek::S

BMW M135i
Where did you get them done if you don't mind me asking? as the first place I went to quoted me £300! Which is obviously waaay to much.

Astra SRi T
some one on here gave me the email address of a lady in peterbrough and i posted them with colour code and she done them for me , v high standard actually

BMW M135i
Yeh i've had a set of door handles done by her and was v.pleased with them, was just looking for someone local due to the size of them.
I've got a spare set of strips but there abit of a state, will have to see what she says.

Astra SRi T
it cost me £13 pound to send all mine thru pacel force , which wasnt to expensive, i took my strips of and covered the holes with black tape till i got em back lol

Chocolate Bar™
honestly mate i wouldnt just go for the cheapest quote. I made that mistake and i've never seen such shoddy workmanship, so much so that i'm now paying on of the most expensive to redo all the shoddy work before FCS. I did however do my sides myself, and found that they looked fine, although you need a lot of time and patience.

BMW M135i
I've had stuff done by her before am the work seems ok by me, it was 100% happy with the door handles I had done.

I can understand the cheapest quote thing though as you get what you pay for, but not matter how good the work is £300-£400 is waay too much for just side strips and bumper inserts. Only advantage is that they'll do all the work of getting them on and off and give me a courtsey car and their work does look top notch. Hmm.

Mk2 1.6
I was quoted £800 for the entire car to be colour coded by the local body shop and £500 at another, good quality work there ive seen but i dont think worth that kinda money.

Chocolate Bar™
the problem i had was that when the car came back it looked mint and perfect, but after a while the paint starting chiping, cracking etc etc. As long as you can see an example of their work it shuold be fine but just go to the one with the best reputation or you'll be forking out more in the long run :(

Mk2 1.6
I spoke to the guy at the one garage and he said eventually it will all flake and go nasty cuz the plastics they paint onto aint a good surface anyway.

BMW M135i
Well for the £300ish its warrentied for 5 years and they apparently prep it with a million and one things so it won't flake. So may be worth it in the long run.
Would be better if I could find some 172 sidestrips but I've been looking for ages and i've never found any.

Chocolate Bar™
sorry, but he's talking out of his arse. if they actually take the time and effort to do a good job then it'll never flake or peel, its just crucial they use the correct plasticisers in the paint/primer. my cars currently in the bodyshop and they offer a 10year warranty on all work.

BMW M135i
Yep, that was pretty much the feeling I got when I was given the all waffle hence why I walked away with an i'll get back to you.
Plasticisers were one of the things mentioned, I was just a little surprised when the cost was going to be £300+ for just the sidestrips and bumpers when i'm sure people have had them done cheaper than that which is why I posted this, i'd be happy with £200 but £300+ is taking the piss i'm sure.

BMW M135i
wxmlad said:
mine was £110 for bumper strips, front bumper inserts, spoiler and door handles, however i did make a imistake with the colour code so it cost me more in the end:eek::S

Don't suppose you've got any pics of the results have you ? Just want to see how they look.

As father and son....
there a bloke in Tamworth, company name Spice Paint. He quoted me £200 odd for the whole lot, mirror surrounds, handles, side strips, both bumpers, you name it.

Ordinarily i'd have thought "bloody cowboy" but this quote was given after he'd done a ding repair for me, id cracked the front offside 1/4 wing, and he plastic welded it and did a full 1/4 panel respray. I clean my motors obsessively and could tell no difference whatsoever his workmanship was quality. Good signs of his work were that when i first went down there to get a look at his place he had a lot of "classic" cars in there, and a few ferraris/M series. People like that tend not to get a half arsed job done.

BMW M135i
I've looked it up on yell and I think i'll take a trip down the A5 to see what he says, its good to hear from experience too as thats the sort of price i'd expected and if the works good quality then that'll do me fine.

Mk2 1.6
anyone heard any good news about the colour correction garage in brum? Seems like reasonable prices but thing that gets me surely they wont low bake them or whateva if they get them done in a day? Anyone been there?

ep2
My car was colour coded badly , the paint is comin off the bumpers. i paid £110 in the west mids (glous). stick with expensive 1s, now i' have to save up 4 another :(

B-road bully
dont go colour correction, i dont think they are reali professional ther, they couldnt even paint my fibre glass side skirts for some reason... they use infra red and som kinda blow dryer thing, i think the low bake oven is meant to be better..

Clio 1.2 16v
Finishing Touch in Stacey Bushes, Milton Keynes.

£350 to paint all the black plastic. Front bumper strip, rear bumper strip, spoiler thing, front under spoiler, mirror bases.

£550 to paint all the above but smooth it down so its the same teture as the rest of the car.

Obvioulsy my car still isnt colour coded :p