ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour Coding Rear Lights Illegal Or Not?!?!?!?

Turbo Convesion Started!!
Hi all, I have just colour coded my rear lights green to my car using the green paint and adding laquer to the mix before spraying.

This has changed the transparancy level and you can see all lights working perfectly (ok a little less than before but not much)....

BUT, is it illegal to do this or not, someone told me that as long as lights can be seen it doesn't matter, how true is this?????????

Cheers Liam

Ford Fiesta
so long as the colours are visible it doesnt matter what colour the casing is.

Liam.

Turbo Convesion Started!!
so, if i put a reflecter somewhere on my car, like below the number plate or something, it would be ok!!!!

Liam

BMW 320d SE
Well you actually need two reflectors - one on each side in order to comply with the law. I did this to one of my old cars, but I masked off the reflectors, so they stayed red, and it passed the MOT no probs that way. TBH, you'll probably only need 'em for your MOT.