ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Compact Flash - what's the craic?

"Navy" N17 TWO
So after upgrading my body (camera that is) I'm looking out now for a couple of CF cards and a fast/reliable reader

What do you guys reccomend, and where from? :)

Cheers
Trev

Cupra
Amazon can also be hit and miss as you have third parties selling there. Not worth the risk of fake/ cheap/ crap cards TBH.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Went for 2 8Gb cards @60mb/s - 1 Sandisk & 1 Lexar. Exact same price so got 1 of each for curiosity/to compare

Also the Lexar reader - great reviews about it on here and TP :)

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
I have the Lexar dual card reader (SD+CF) and is very good, it also makes the most out of the speed of your UDMA high speed cards.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004P8J1DU/?tag=cliospnet01-21

in regards to cards I have Sandisk Extreme IV, Lexar Professional, Dane-Elec (big euorpean company) And Duracell (re-branded Dane-Elec)

All of them are as good as each other & I have had no corrupt cards and they all deal with writing fast, the Duracell & Dane-Elec cards are usually cheapest on 7dayshop.com

I have found if you buy from Amazon (not a 3rd party on Amazon) you get genuine Sandisk cards and at theis moment in time Amazon have crazy deals on Sandisk memory!

"Navy" N17 TWO
Well I ordered from Mymemory.co.uk on Monday night, one of the cards came on Wednesday the rest came on Thursday - not bad at all to N.Ireland

Here's the best part...

The little multifunction reader I had in the laptop bag from eBay took 49 minutes to transfer 1.7Gb of photos

Just to compare with the Lexar reader - I transfered the same folder to/from the new cards and timed them. 57 seconds :cool: HELL YES!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
My Memory here again, great prices and service.

7dayshop have a website from 1997 which doesn't inspire confidence, and their dispatch time is ridiculous.

"Navy" N17 TWO
7dayshop didn't have a big choice of CF cards, and most were on backorder anyway. Also a bit more expensive too :S