ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Component speaker and amplifier

Clio Sport 182 '05
I am needing to upgrade the standard speakers and tweeters in my clio 182 cup. Trying to get my head around what amplifier I would need to power front component speakers. Would it be best to get a 4 channel or a 2 channel?Also, I have been looking at components with roughly 60W RMS, so therefore, from what I understand, I would be looking for a amplifier with an output of either just below or just above the speakers RMS at either 2 or 4 ohm? example: •Per Channel into 4ohms (≤1%THD+N): 2 x 50W •Per Channel into 2ohms (≤1%THD+N): 2 x 70WAny help would be greatTom

Beaten up 182
I'd go for an amp slightly more powerful than the speakers. Amps tend to clip the output as they reach their power limit which will damage speakers. How many channels depends on if you're planning more speakers.