ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

confused.com

Ok I just did a quote on this. I am 17 and passed my test recently and have 0 no claims bonus or anything.

The car is a 97 1.2 Clio

Now here is the stupid part. The insurance is third party fire and theft. It comes to £2658 as the cheapest quote! And the highest being something like £4000

Is it jsut me or is this insanely high? My friend has a 95 1.4 Polo and his is below £1000.

its soo high because you have no driving experience.
if you havent done a pass plus id say to do one of them, it will go down then.
plus add your mum/dad etc to the policy to bring it down.

my little bro was getting quoted silly prices as well.

Civic Type-R

Very high. When I was 17 I got insured on my old 1.4RT third party fire and theft for £1100 with Direct Line. This was my own insurance without my mum or dad added btw.

plus confused have never been anywhere near cheap for me anyway

but you will always have a higher premium due to age, experience and sex

Im hoping that I can get cheaper than my confused quotes for my renewal - paying double just for getting a short ban (well, its more than likely going to be a ban) is a bit harsh! lol

Octavia VRS

confused is crap imo. Gave me stupidly high quotes as well. Just go around each company, its a hassle filling in the same info but you will get better quotes I can assure you.

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by noel-pilot on 29 July 2005

confused have always been very high for me, try CIS, tesco, Direct Line, Swiftcover and Liverpool Victoria
elephant, admiral as well

forgot to say, the other thing with confused is that they search for you - then add on their bit.

Go direct to the place who has offered you the quote, it will be less than confused.com

Quote: Originally posted by RacerStu on 29 July 2005

Very high. When I was 17 I got insured on my old 1.4RT third party fire and theft for £1100 with Direct Line. This was my own insurance without my mum or dad added btw.

As Stu says VERY high when I was 17 my Sunny 1.6SR was only £1100.............which is just about what Im paying for the Vee now Im 21!

Try Elephant Tel 0870 0131072.

Cya Stu

Vee dub

I found confused quite helpful

When I was 18 I was paying just over £1,000 for my 1.2 1996 clio

Tom

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Quote: Originally posted by cat171 on 29 July 2005

plus add your mum/dad etc to the policy to bring it down.

Definetly try that.

Middle aged woman, no accidents/points will knock a fair bit off your quote. Has to have use of another vehicle.

Probably drop by about 25% with elephant.co.uk

Doesnt have to be mother, even woman next door will do! So long as its you as the main driver.

V70 d5 beast

when i got my insurance it was £1200 and i got that in december i think it was high because it was in december and more accidents happen.

i got that with norich union and i was 17 at the time just passed my test and that was with pass plus, with my 1.4 16v 5dr clio 53 reg