ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Confused

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Right here goes, re-installed xp onto my pc. Do I have to install my wireless router back on? I mean my laptop is working as I am on here now lol. Also do I have to re-install my service provider internet cd? I am confused because my laptop has never needed this.

R26
If it's working then I guess you can leave it! All most provder CDs do is set up a router/connection anyway so if your router has been flashed with the right settings to get you online then it'll be alright not to re-install.

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Well thats the confusing part, my pc will not connect and my laptop is fine! My pc has had a full new install put on so its completely blank of everything.

Oh yes it does not recognise my wireless mouse niether!!

Last edited:
  Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
When you "install" your router it will probably install some "help/guide" software and possible drivers but if windows has found them automatically then no worries!

All setting will be changed from the routers lan home page?

Same goes for ISP CD - all that does is install the correct settings on your PC and most likely some silly driver for their own modem they supplied you with and some "help" software.

If it's all working then you may as well just leave it!

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
How does your PC connect to the router? Cat5 or wireless?

If it's cat5 then i pressumeyou haven't installed your network card drivers..

If its wireless then blow me as if your laptop is working fine from wireless only suggestion is your wireless adaptor on your PC is not installed correctly!

Hope this helps

Sy

Pajero 3.8 V6
Its cat5 to the router from the pc, but nothing at all has been installed onto pc as yet, Router or isp cd software. My laptop works and router is flashing away its not even connected to the pc but I am aware it does not need to be. So I assume all the router software does is tell my pc to connect to modem through that. So the router software must need to go on first then the isp disc?

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
Indeed.

Install your network card/motherboard drivers and all will be fine!