ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Confused ??

Cup 172
bought a replacement backbox from a guy off here, went to fit it and it doesnt fit? - both the end of the centre section and the exhaust have the raised bit at the end so they dont slide into eachother (sorry if this doesnt make sense) can anyone help?

​Thanks :)

Alfa Romeo 147
i presume you mean both the exhaust and the backbox have pieces with a larger diameter for the other piece to slide into? could you not cut the larger diameter bit off one end, allowing to fit together

Cup 172
Capture_zps9dd47e56.gif

sam - if i cut one end off surely it wont fit correctly and will sit too far under the bumper?

Alfa Romeo 147
when i did it, it was on an astra van but with a bit of tough love it went on. if you offer the exhaust up you should be able to see whether or not it would go on with it chopped off. other than that im at a bit of a loss, you could always get a blow torch to the bar that comes out of the top and adjust it but thats all i can think of mate