ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Connecting PC to TV

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
This might not be as simple as the title states. First off heres the set-up:

Study:
Umm.. has a PC in it, with XP Pro mouse has just died so thinking of buying Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. Wireless Card
ntl Broadband through Wireless Router

Sitting Room (next to study):

Sony TV
Sky+
Panasonic DVD Player
Yamaha Amp
Mission 5.1 setup

What i'd like to do is have the option of working on the PC in the sitting room using the bluetooth keyboard and mouse that i would buy.

Also to watch sky through the PC in the Study?

Possible?

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
the quality of S-video out is crap, you would need to run at like 800x600 resolution to make it all fit, but then you still have the problem that all text is blurry etc. unsure if a projector may work. films etc work fine using TV out on a PC, but i tried doing what you're doing (actually sold my monitor in preparation) and was sadly disappointed! sowwy!

Clio 172mk2
erm providing u got e decent grfx car u should be able to run dual desktops. on mine i have a pc running and tv out as well e.g

monitor for main desktop, tv for dvds mpegs etc, quality on still images/ text is slighly poorer , but on moving images its tops.windows creates 2 ajoining desktops so its like one big canvas just drag thing to where u want them

on old pc im running that through tv only with a pci freeview reciever , thats good , same again on web pages crap for reading text.

to watch the sky plus if theres a network card init , u could maybe use the recorded files unsure on this not got sky.

but u can input a video signal to pc n view whats on the sky same as u would do to connect a vcr upto it

Clio 172mk2
mine uses scarts :D

seriously good quality on movies and tv channels , just wouldnt use it for web pages or owt like that , unless yer tv has vga inputs

anything other than component is crap and worthless really

component then vga then dvi/hdmi the only ways to do it imho

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Bloody 'ell!

TV only has SCART inputs.

Graphics card is a ATi Shapphire 9600 can't remember all the options tho, but it has dual moniter capability!

But from what your saying dogmaul its not worth it.