ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Connor's Day 2012

Today, me, Don and Mike from the Midlands made the two hour journey up to Huddersfield for Connor's day. An amazing day and it's incredible that they set it up so quickly. There was an amazing turnout.

It was hard to get any decent shots with the location and the thousands of people but I tried my best. Here are some of my favourites! (Sorry, no Clios... :rasp:)

7957662286_21e22a7450.png

I Want to Call this a British Selection by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7957664808_b656443153.png

VW Camper Van by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7957665696_0d83b794c3.png

Mazda by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7957658958_55930d2b18.png

Morris Minors by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7957656578_6509acbd99.png

VW Beetles by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7957648586_061f862e1a.png

Father and Son by Tom Cash, on Flickr

7957647650_bf35374579.png

Father and Son by Tom Cash, on Flickr

More pictures on my blog:

http://www.tomcash.co.uk/connors-day-2012/

Thanks for looking!

Tom.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Was this the guy who organised something originally on a scooby forum ? If so its such a shame :(

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
gutted i couldnt go to this either, dad managed to go tho so i dont feel so bad !

really credit to those who organised it in little to no time.
utterly astonished by the amount of people who went, just shows how many people give a toss about things like this. one life ,live it!

tears building up in my eyes from farther son pictures

RS6 C7
Really gutted i missed this, Had to go to Liverpool with the Fam so couldn't cancel :(

Looked like a great turnout for a fantastic cause!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
We ended up at Birch Services at 11.25 and saw a mass of Subarus and new Skylines. so we convoyed down to the venue with them and the scenery on the way there was beautiful (pennines). We got to the location around midday and it was already heaving (it wasnt supposed to start till 13:00!!!

It was a good day for the little man and the money that has been raised as well as how special it would have felt for Connor makes it more than worthwhile. He dad was a sound bloke too.

Yeah, it was very touching - especially being so close to it all!

I recently found out there were two quite large meets in America and Canada to also show support.

Incredible!

Very touching, glad he got his last wish, looks like an excellent turnout of cars! Did the lad get a ride in anything exotic?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Very touching, glad he got his last wish, looks like an excellent turnout of cars! Did the lad get a ride in anything exotic?

Not that I was aware of...he wasnt arsed by the Subarus as his dad has one. He seemed really impressed by the Mog and also the Fire Engine and the Police BMW (who should have noticed that the Ferrari had an out of date tax disc!!) :rasp:

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've noticed on Scoobynet that they're turning this into an annual event. I do hope it remains with the name ''Connors Day''.

I have to keep logging out of the threads because I can feel myself getting upset. So so sad. :(

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I've noticed on Scoobynet that they're turning this into an annual event. I do hope it remains with the name ''Connors Day''.

I have to keep logging out of the threads because I can feel myself getting upset. So so sad. :(

It raised a few quid for the charity that they are doing for him and I would assume that even though the circumstances will be different in 12 months time, it will still be there for the lad. :)

The worst thing was that his Dad seems like such a decent bloke, a petrolhead like most of us and thinks the world of his lads.

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looked like a great day. Wish I could've made it. It's so sad aswell though. I hope it does become an annual thing. :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
This post is on ScoobyNet from the lad's granddad.

"Two thousand five hundred and nineteen pounds and fifty six pence

There is still money to come in from a burger van
And l do not know what as been paid direct to candlelighters
Also there will be the money from the sale of the American t shirts

L will be talking to candlelighters tomorrow"

T-shirts can be bought from here with all profits going to the 'CandleLighters' charity
http://blipshift.com/products/connors-day

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I made it down, wasn't the turnout I expected tbh, but I didn't get there until 2:30.

Still, would of been a great day for the lad, and it's good how so many people did come together at such short notice.

I'm also glad the burger van is donating, as I wondered if they were just profiteering as usual.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I made it down, wasn't the turnout I expected tbh, but I didn't get there until 2:30.

Still, would of been a great day for the lad, and it's good how so many people did come together at such short notice.

I'm also glad the burger van is donating, as I wondered if they were just profiteering as usual.

By 14:30 a fair few people had already buggered off! Were you there for the raffle?

BG182ff,explod Focus
Not that I was aware of...he wasnt arsed by the Subarus as his dad has one. He seemed really impressed by the Mog and also the Fire Engine and the Police BMW (who should have noticed that the Ferrari had an out of date tax disc!!) :rasp:

Well I hope no posts a pic of said out of date tax disc on a popular internet forum

IMG_0121.jpg

whoops :eek:

On a serious note it was an amazing turn out given the short notice.
If Connors dads plan was to give his son a taste of what a modified car show is like then he sure as hell hit the nail on the head like nuclear powered hammer.
I think pretty much every modified RS Focus, WRX Impreza and Evo Lancer in the country was there as well as various Ferrari, Maserarti, Porsche, Lotus and Nobles and various other stuff as can be seen from all the pics.
I hope you enjoyed your day Connor and you and your mum and dad left with some great memories.

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0119.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

172/B8 Quattro
Hi guys. Thanks for all the kind words

The event will take place again this year around the 7th sept but will confirm once the venue is confirmed. I'm on this ATM.
but unfortunately the 'Connors' name will not be used as the family requests (mother) don't ask!

But we all as a car community said we would do it again as its turned out excellent and gave the car community a good media coverage.

It will still be based on a charity for termanily I'll children and may invite some sick children from the chosen charities.

Atm we are still sorting out the venue so when that's confirmed we can choose the charity and another excuse to get together again admire all the cars.

We will announce when all is sorted and will hopefully spread the news on the car forums again.

​Regrds corky.

Hi Corky, hope you're well!

I'm free on that date so that's in my diary now! :D

Is there a central point where we can keep updated?

172/B8 Quattro
Hi Corky, hope you're well!

I'm free on that date so that's in my diary now! :D

Is there a central point where we can keep updated?

Hi, the only central point for now would be on scoobynet ATM but I'm yet to confirm venue, once that's arranged I will make another thread on sn with more details and I'm sure the guys will pass it around the forums, also I'll try and link it here too incase you don't find it and then you guys could pass on too.

Regards corky

I can be contacted on cky121@hotmail.com for important enquiries/offers/services. (no spam!)