ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Constant beeping inside car

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Lexus IS,Renault 172
I have an 2003 clio 172 cup.

It had some problems with automaticaly and randomly looking and unlocking itself every second or so when near it or inside it with the key and with key in the ignition and with engine on. The other day it locked me out with the engine running as I got out to shut the garage door.

I changed the battery in the key as I thought this could be the problem. Since this it hasn't randomly locked or unlocked itself, but it constantly beeps with the key in the ignition and with the engine running. Its the same beep you get when using the automatic lock button on the dash. It does it constantly and its very annoying.

Has anybody had this problem and/or no what does/might cause it.

Thank you.

I've had this. I've been told the uch is on the way out. Mine is very very intermitant and rarely does it now. If you've got or get a beeping sound like the seatbelt beep but slightly higher pitched disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and it will stop.

Lexus IS,Renault 172
I've had this. I've been told the uch is on the way out. Mine is very very intermitant and rarely does it now. If you've got or get a beeping sound like the seatbelt beep but slightly higher pitched disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and it will stop.

Thanks. Yes my original post was slightly wrong as I said it was the same beep as when using the automatic lock/central lock button on the dash but this doesn't actually make a beep.

Yes you are correct it is very similar to the seatbelt beep but higher pitch.

I did as you suggested and disconnected the battery and it has now stopped.

Thanks for your help.

No problems. I think my car did start the beeping again once after I disconnected the battery the first time but never again. To temporarily stop the crazy door locking and unlocking I just take the fuse out of the central locking. Don't forget to put it back in though when you get out. For some reason when mine go crazy it's my brake pedal that sets it off.

With the engine running, turn the lights on. Turn the engine off and open the door.

The beeping should increase two fold. Shut the door and turn the lights off.

If that doesnt sort it, try several scenarios of having the lights on and off with door open and shut, and alarm the car while your in it with the door open etc.

Renault Clio
Take a look at the gps in the car. Go to destination, settings and turn off all the warnings. The beeping sound should stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.