ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Contract opportunity - London - Contains work...

SLK 350
I started a new contract at the BBC last week, we're looking for 4 more candidates to join the project. Ultimately it's a W7 deployment project, but with a lot more in addition.

If anybody is looking for a 3 month (probably more) contract, and can commute to White City easily drop me a PM.

You'll need strong Windows experience, AD,GP preferably MCSE or MCP certified, and prepared to muck in.

Starting immediately. £250 day rate.

Last edited:
  Not a 320d
Aside from the fact thats in London, thats pretty good going for someone thats an MCP.

Mind you, it is temp.

Rav4
Is there opportunities of other projects occuring after this?

Is detailed information available regarding the project itself?

Thanks,

G.

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Why are you guys put off by contract work? If you are good, they'll usually keep you on longer and the money makes it very worthwhile.

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1

I have a mortgage and a fair few outgoings. I've been contracting for the last 4 years and not had any problems. Just make sure you build up some nice savings for the rainy days when you are inbetween contracts.

SLK 350
Happy to fill in with detail via PM, as per OP.

But essentially, yes, whilst I can't promise it will run past 3 months, I'd be very very surprised if they manage to get the project completed on time. It's a huge project and I'd anticipate it running for a while yet...

£65,000pa / £250 a day, not a bad salary for the work required. If you have a notice period (of more than a week) though forget it, they want people in pronto.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Happy to fill in with detail via PM, as per OP.

But essentially, yes, whilst I can't promise it will run past 3 months, I'd be very very surprised if they manage to get the project completed on time. It's a huge project and I'd anticipate it running for a while yet...

£65,000pa / £250 a day, not a bad salary for the work required. If you have a notice period (of more than a week) though forget it, they want people in pronto.

if you work every day of the year including bank holidays and don't take any time off maybe.......

its ok money i guess, but the work sounds a bit menial.

not a bad place to work though, the bbc i guess.

SLK 350
if you work every day of the year including bank holidays and don't take any time off maybe.......

its ok money i guess, but the work sounds a bit menial.

not a bad place to work though, the bbc i guess.

Thanks for reviewing of the position you know absolutely nothing about DK. :rolleyes:

Rav4
I'd like to say two things;

1) It is good money, if anyone can, they should go for it, obviously it depends on your financial commitments.
2) Let's thank the Hoffmeister for offering this out to CS, he didn't have to say anything but thought he would offer it out.
3) Recaro182 has ruined me, I now want an M6! I blame the Hoff for this.

Thanks,

G.

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
I'd like to say two things;

1) It is good money, if anyone can, they should go for it, obviously it depends on your financial commitments.
2) Let's thank the Hoffmeister for offering this out to CS, he didn't have to say anything but thought he would offer it out.
3) Recaro182 has ruined me, I now want an M6! I blame the Hoff for this.

Thanks,

G.

You're the one that PM'd me about it, I'm innocent :eek:

You will need contracts worth a lot more than this one just to afford the fuel bills though ;)

Agreed on thanking the Hoff, job oppertunities can come from anywhere and it's great to try to help others out.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
£250 a day isn't too bad for Windows deployment type work, but someone with those skill sets should be able to get a nice 3rd line/server support job paying more.

Contractor doing my job before me was on £500 a day, sadly whilst I was contracting it I didn't get that much :(

Brother in law started at the BBC as a contractor years ago, he's now perm and doing pretty well in IT there although not sure what it is he actually does :p

I'd contract again if I had to, am changing jobs at the moment so will see what I end up doing I guess :)

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Contractor doing my job before me was on £500 a day, sadly whilst I was contracting it I didn't get that much :(

Brother in law started at the BBC as a contractor years ago, he's now perm and doing pretty well in IT there although not sure what it is he actually does :p

Contract rates in IT are massively over-inflated if you ask me, we don't deserve that much really for what we do, but it's the going rate so who am I to argue :)

IT contracting in Investment banks is the place to be, contracts start at around £450 - £500 a day and go upwards.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Thanks for reviewing of the position you know absolutely nothing about DK. :rolleyes:

ofcourse i know something about it, you just told us!

i've been in IT since you were in nappies so i think i know......

But you're welcome! :)

SLK 350
If driving a Megane and living alone in a pokey flat is all I have to aspire to, I should get out of IT I suspect DK.

Maybe you should PM me about the positions ;)

182FF with cup packs
Contract rates in IT are massively over-inflated if you ask me, we don't deserve that much really for what we do, but it's the going rate so who am I to argue :)

IT contracting in Investment banks is the place to be, contracts start at around £450 - £500 a day and go upwards.

Funny you should say that. My company has just contracted me out to BT for 3 months to do some work for a large UK bank bringing their entire firewall estate (the banks) under management.

My company is getting £750 a day for this contact, being a salaried employee, I don't see that much though :cry:

dk

911 GTS Cab
If driving a Megane and living alone in a pokey flat is all I have to aspire to, I should get out of IT I suspect DK.

Maybe you should PM me about the positions ;)

You'd just be jealous of all the sales guys on £250k at our place, you'd feel inferior.

You take your Lambo and 4 bed house in Mayfair and keep it!

oh wait...

dk

911 GTS Cab
Funny you should say that. My company has just contracted me out to BT for 3 months to do some work for a large UK bank bringing their entire firewall estate (the banks) under management.

My company is getting £750 a day for this contact, being a salaried employee, I don't see that much though :cry:

i get sold out at £1000 plus a day, i also don't see most of that, but thats the nature of the job, i'd rather that and have a secure job, paid holiday and sick leave etc personally. Depends what your priorities are i guess. To do contracting and lose all those benefits and not actually feel like you are a proper part of a company i'd personally want about £600 a day.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Oh the banter, awesome :)

DK, do me a favour please, wind up Lorna tomorrow, just for the fun of it.

i'm in germany at the mo and have nly been in the office 4 days since christmas i think. next time i'll see her is the may ball probably, i will give her some stick though. When you speak to her, ask her about the meeting she drove me to in the company golf, put it this way, i'm never getting in a car with her in the driving seat again lol!