ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Conversion Advice Needed

Right i already know that a Gt engine will go into my rt..and also a valver engine.But want to know if a williams engine will go in it...And which out of the two/three will be the best.And any other tips/ideas would be very helpful

They will all go in, though there wont be much room with any of them.

IMHO if youre going to transplant into an RT go for the Gtt for 3 reasons.

1 - (And this is becoming a cliche) You could just buy a 16v or williams, whereas you cannot buy a clio gtt. (ok you could buy 1 off someone whos already done it but you know what I mean)

2 - Youre not really taking a step back as the single point injection on the RT is crap anyway.

3 - Its different and its still very rare and its turbod which means dump valve (if thats your thing) and massive tuning potential.

Just my 2p worth.

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

GTT as u hav turbo power and will involve less work hence MUCH less expense.

If u tune it right u could have just under 200BHP and ur car would still be light with a 1400 engine. Dont ruin it by getting ur styling from the corner in Halfords though. ;)

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

I dare say it will also be a lot easier to find a GTT engine from something like an MOT failure or a car with rotten bodywork but an essentially sound engine, than finding a 1.8 16v or williams engine. Plus, you wont have any adverse handling effects from the weight of the engine with a GTT lump, but a 1.8+ will be heavier so it might cause some problems in the handling dept.

Rick