ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant Colour

Gav_r26

ClioSport Club Member
  2006 Megane R26
My Coolant was getting a little low, Only like half way between max and min, nothing drastic so thought i'd top it up. Brought some pre mixed stuff from halfords. However went to do it and the stuff in there is blue and this new stuff in red. Will it hurt mixig it or does the colour signify something?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Shouldn't hurt it but as said you can just top it up with Water for now, I had a New Tadiator put in and thge Stuff I used was an Aftershock Green Colour but TBH it makes no difference what Colour it is.

Gav_r26

ClioSport Club Member
  2006 Megane R26
type D (green) is what it should have

The stuff I have, The hafords advanced doesn't say a type but says it meets the requirements of renault 41-01-001, which i assume is theie spec for coolant. Will it hurt it if i put the wrong type in?

Clio 172 cup
don't mix red with blue ffs! They both react with each other and will eventually turn the coolant limply and solidify

RS RIP
^^ right, this explains the white residue/guck i found on a cooling hose.. before i always had blue, after the last big service i now have red !! (engine was out etc.)

Is the residue there because of the rests of the blue reacting with the new red ?!

b/g 182, meg tourer
iirc the red coolant from halfords is type d and it says on the back, safe to mix with other coolants.

"Navy" N17 TWO
How do you get residue/guck out of the bottle?

I have a spare bottle but the inside of it is all Brown :dead: