ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio MK2 1.2L 16V Problems

'03 Renault Clio 1.2
My 2003 Clio has been experiencing some weird faults. For a start, the sensor at the front of the engine on the right for some reason is causing an issue with the car starting? I don't know what it does but after pushing it in the car works fine. Secondly, along with the sensor, the throttle only worked a tiny bit. And theres also some weird leaks at the bottom of my radiator, it looks like ice and coolant is coming out?? I don't know if I did something wrong but I checked halfords website and the stuff I got was correct for the car, It's a 50/50 mix of antifreeze and coolant, red in colour, and OAT. As well with the sensor issue, the EML and what looks like a glowplug light (my car is petrol) comes on??

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Post a picture of the sensor as I’m not sure which one you mean.

If the radiator is leaking then it needs replacing.

The dashboard lights indicate a fault and are putting the car into limp mode hence the poor throttle response.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Pretty sure red antifreeze should not have been used and can congeal with the original Renault stuff.