ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coolant leak

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I've lost 1/2 a tank of coolant in the past week. Only leaks when the engine is running and seems to be coming from the bottom of the rad, and dripping onto the plastic tray underneath.

Whats the best thing? get the system pressure tested? I can't really see a lot without taking the bumper off which i can't be arsed to do

all of the coolant hoses are fairly accessible for inspection at the front end so, if it's not related to one of those, think you're left with the rad itself

Focus RS mk1
you will probably find that the surround for the fan has warped and come into contact with the rad and over time rubbed through, i had exactly this problem the other day! got a pic will post it up wen i find it. mine needed new rad and i cut away the fouling part of the surround and spaced it out from the rad using washers where it bolts to it.

Focus RS mk1
how much is new radiator?

from renault its £140, £120 if you take the old rad back to them. if yours is a 172 make sure you get the rad plug and washer for it aswell! as mine came without and had to take a trip back cause they never told me i needed it.