ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coolant temperature sensor

172 cup
fitted a new c-t-s to my cup sport . as the light was on at the side of the speedo. when it was done started it and the light had gone out. wife took it for a run and now its back on. the coolant level had dropped as some leaked out when i took the old one out . topped it up thinking that will fix it but light is still on . the gauge is bang in the middle of the dash.so its not overheating. could it be an air lock. any ideas , thanks gaz..........

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
We're talking about a Clio II Phase 2 RS'Cup yeah?

I've got a clockset from one here on my desk right now in for repair and the light below the seatbelt warning lamp (top left above the tacho) is the dipped head-lamp. [confuzzled] Pics required please

Mick

172 cup
We're talking about a Clio II Phase 2 RS'Cup yeah?

I've got a clockset from one here on my desk right now in for repair and the light below the seatbelt warning lamp (top left above the tacho) is the dipped head-lamp. [confuzzled] Pics required please

Mick
the light is to the right of the speedo right next to the 160mph mark. i have just gone started car and its now gone out . 2004 cup sport

172 cup
yes thats the one. checking yet again i now think it is the toxic fume monitoring warning light. does this mean there is some thing wrong with the exhaust......

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
That's the Engine Management Check light... it means a fault code has been logged and you good sir need a diagnostic to say exactly what is triggering it.

Mick

172 cup
have had it checked out. and it has come up with fault code po 136 which is as you say the lambda sensor . reading through the threads it looks like its the rear one. so i shall get one of these and fit it . at the moment the light is staying off.... thanks for all the help