ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Copart RB 182 Cup

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Apparently owned by a guy on one of the Facebook groups until recently, bought in early 2021 for just under £5k so seems strange it ended up on Copart. I'm sure there will be money in it for someone.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
It’s a breaker only.

Seeing as it doesn’t seem to have any damage and nobody looks to have died in it, I’d say it’s been flooded.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a breaker only.

Seeing as it doesn’t seem to have any damage and nobody looks to have died in it, I’d say it’s been flooded.
Yeah that’s makes sense. I’m actually tempted as i want some of the parts, been thinking about getting a donor car… the wife will love me even more…

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Especially when Lithium batteries can be had relatively cheap and weigh about 1KG.

Probably about the same weight as that battery clamp.

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
What a waste that is. You see some bizarre CAT B stuff on there. It will be fairly cheap too I bet as only licensed disposal sites can buy a CAT B. Normal paupers like us can't.
It's defo an insurance job as the lot number is postfixed with an X, means its direct from insurance company. But then no damage, and the engine runs so its not ingested water. I can't see why that would be subject to a claim unless its stolen/recovered and they have categorised it as a breaker for...no reason?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
Im chatting ball bag. It even says in the description the only damage is general wear and tear. 😂

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Must be a Copart description I'd have thought, rather than officially classified? I'm not in the trade though so not my area of expertise. Guy on Facebook owned it until end of last year and it looked decent then.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  335d
I would agree flood. In a previous life when I used to categorised cars for total loss, flood could be anyting from B to cat D (that's how long ago it was) unless it was an anticipated health risk and then B. A was full fire or life lost. I specifically remember a merc which was totally repairable and based on the calcs was thousands off being even a cat D. As there was a risk of subsequent related issues when corrosion took hold it was categorised and sold. Remember it turning up as running and driving at copart, looked like this one but achieved good money so make sense in the end. Helphire companies which usually take on third party claims are usually over zealous with categorisations as they claim the loss back but this appears to be single vehicle claim.

B is also a way of ensuring there is no come back on the insurance company. Each insurer will be different with how they categorise vehicles and salvage rates they have with copart. For a car of this value there may be very little difference between a B and C salvage category so putting as B if flood wouldn't matter a great deal.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But then no damage, and the engine runs so its not ingested water.

Starts and runs doesn't mean the engine is in fine condition, it just means it's not seized up.

It could splutter into life and struggle to get 3 cylinders going, but if it can make it 10ft down the yard it's a runner.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  clio 172 ph1
hi guys, i'm the new owner of this car, as i bought it of copart. ready for a story?

so i bought it, and 3 weeks later it showed up at my garage, it looked dirty, but actually mint, no rust at all.
so the dashboard is filled to the brim with invoices and bills. no kidding i can fill 5 eating tables (for 6 people) with all the invoices from reputable places.
so i spoke to all previous owners and came to know the story. apperently a van had hit the right door (dented and scratched) but it wasnt heavy at all. but since the doors are NLA via renault, it became a breaker. or so i thought, but actually i have the v5 here in the glovebox, so not a breaker afterall? anway i can register it like a normal car in holland with all the mot history. so i did just that.

Copart had nicked the badges off, drilled the fuel tank (to drain it), drained the gearbox, engine, brakeoil and coolant ( they just sliced the coolant pipe open).
so off i was to fix it all using spares i have. fixed in 4 hours. went to the RDW (mot in holland) station and got it checked out.
and now i have a 182 CUP with dutch licence plates.
feel free to ask some questions about it

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi guys, i'm the new owner of this car, as i bought it of copart. ready for a story?

so i bought it, and 3 weeks later it showed up at my garage, it looked dirty, but actually mint, no rust at all.
so the dashboard is filled to the brim with invoices and bills. no kidding i can fill 5 eating tables (for 6 people) with all the invoices from reputable places.
so i spoke to all previous owners and came to know the story. apperently a van had hit the right door (dented and scratched) but it wasnt heavy at all. but since the doors are NLA via renault, it became a breaker. or so i thought, but actually i have the v5 here in the glovebox, so not a breaker afterall? anway i can register it like a normal car in holland with all the mot history. so i did just that.

Copart had nicked the badges off, drilled the fuel tank (to drain it), drained the gearbox, engine, brakeoil and coolant ( they just sliced the coolant pipe open).
so off i was to fix it all using spares i have. fixed in 4 hours. went to the RDW (mot in holland) station and got it checked out.
and now i have a 182 CUP with dutch licence plates.
feel free to ask some questions about it
Nice, very interesting that it'll have a new life in the Holland, can't be many over there?
Definitely made making this thread worth it! Might be good to stick your own project thread up, would like to see its new life.