ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CoPilot vs Navigon... which is better?!

172 cup
Really can't decide between the 2... both are very similar in features and price (including the in-app purchases required, TSS and Postcode respectively)

Reviews seem to favour CoPilot due to value, but with Navigon being reduced to £19.99 it's unclear which is the best option...

Has anybody used both, and if so what are your opinions?

Cheers

Fiat Panda 100hp
I've used both. Got Navigon at the moment though and it's much better than the Co-Pilot I used, they may have updated it buy now. I only paid £14.49 a few weeks ago for it.

172 cup
Yeah, I saw it was cheaper a few weeks ago... how long ago did you have CoPilot, and what's better about Navigon?

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
I use copilot everyday for work, never missed a beat yet, tomtom used to lose the signal all the time but never had this issue with copilot, havent used navigon so cant comment on that :)

Fiat Panda 100hp
I found Co-Pilot to always select really strange routes and it wouldn't re-route quick enough.

I like Navigon because, when you put in a postcode it will give you points of interest nearest to your destination like parking etc.
It shows shops and McDonalds on routes which is wicked.

172 cup
Thanks for the posts, I went with CoPilot in the end... not sure if it was the best option, but I was pretty impressed!

Went from Plymouth to Rugby, a few places up there, and then back down south... I found it pretty smooth, and the routes were all right (swapping between quickest and shortest helped). It also recalculated routes pretty quickly.

The only problems I found were with POIs... The Premier Inn wasn't listed (so just used 'pick a point on the map'), and it said a Texaco garage was a Shell... other than that I had no problems with it.

Speed camera locations and live traffic reports were both spot on, and the maps/clear turn etc were also good (a couple of mini roundabouts were not shown, but hardly a major problem). The 'text to speech' was also pretty useful, although it was a £3 in app extra.

Overall, I'd recommend it... and for £33 all in (with TTS, live traffic and live fuel prices) you can't complain!

I found Co-Pilot to always select really strange routes and it wouldn't re-route quick enough.

By default it uses some really strange speed calculations for UK conditions, for the first few weeks it was trying to take me really really weird ways to places (mainly using country roads to go everywhere). You can manually edit the average speed of each type of road, I found a post out on the interweb somewhere with some suggested settings, bashed them in and it's near faultless now, always calculates the most logical route.

Here is where you adjust them...

http://blog.copilotlive.net/?p=1170