ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cost of bonnet respray....

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Most places charge around £150-£200 a panel.. You get what you pay for though, especially with bodywork.

Try SprayShack, they're top quality and offer a great service.

Many thanks Lawro, yep we would be 150+VAT for a top side only, delivery is always a problem with bonnets, blending into the wings really depends on how good the paint match is, what colour it is, and and how perfect a job your after........

New bonnets arent mega money, if you wanted a new bonnet top side only spray (they come in matt black on underside), we'd be able to do one for sub £200 id of thought, dependent on the colour your require (LQ yellow etc would be more).

Cheers,
Simon @ SS

Hi Simon, thanks for your reply. The car is Titanium and the current bonnet has some blistering and rust on the centre line edge and on two more points on the left hand side edge, think the centre one may be due to a the bonnet being pushed when it was shut possibly. I have spoken to a local body shop who suggetsed a new bonnet as their is a chance the rust etc may come back through after the respray and it'd need work to get rid of the damage anyway.

What is your opinion on blending it into the wings?, I want the car to be presentatble but im not into detailing or showing the car etc. I just dont want unsighlty rust coming through. I've seen pictures on the forum where people have said 'that cars had paint' and I'm never able to tell tbh!

Is paint match luck of the draw?

Do you still order in parts and paint them? I remember seeing a thread with the following quote (was from 2011 mind)
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by SprayShack
172 Cup Bonnet (any sport bonnet), £260 SPRAYED + p&p (ANY COLOUR)

Thanks for your help, Nick.